Gsxring a micra...

i thought id ask, how hard would it be to put a gsxr engine in my micra sr, i can get hold of an engine and cooling easy, i wanted a front wheel drive conversion and put the bike engine under the bonnet as it seem easier to accomplish.

could you advise me, im not too bothered about a reverse gear, i want to do it as cheap as possible. How would i modify my existing car to cater for the drive chain?

any links and advise will be very much sought after.

thank you.

eeek that sounds like a task and a half

would the engine have enough torque to move the weight of your car?

in a smart car yes but not sure in a micra :S

eeek that sounds like a task and a half

would the engine have enough torque to move the weight of your car?

in a smart car yes but not sure in a micra :S

having seen a mk1 golf powered by a GSXR motor and pulling pretty well, i'd say it would have the torque! i have no idea about how much work would be involved though!

Too much work, the gixxer engine wouldn't have enough power, plus the drivetrain would be a nightmare to fabricate. An SR20 conversion would be cheaper and easier imo

If you were serious about doin it I suggest RWD as it's easier and cheaper. Z-cars do a bike engine bolt in kit for the saxo, it'd be pretty cheap to convert that for the micra

if you want to motorbike engine a micra the best thing to do is put it in the back and use a chain to drive the rear wheels or put it in the front and run the power to the back wheels. it would be too complicated and too much effort to try and make it front wheel drive.

the bike engines have enough power to move a car, there are many examples of cars with bike engines, you have to remember just how much power they put out and how easy it is to move a car. i can move my micra along flat ground with one finger in the spokes. extra torque can be achived by a change in gear ratios if needs be, and a stripped micra ways next to nothing anyway. there are also micras out there that are already running bike engines so it can be done.

Back