Fireworks we recently got offered on our building site..

kristian

One Way Mule
Me and the fellas at work were recently offered a load of fireworks from a guy who ''works for the firework company''... ha ha

We were very sceptical untill he came back a few days later and we were shown the quality of the fireworks and what we were able to get for our cold hard cash...

I spent a reasonable 65 quid on these...

dsc00022ye8.jpg

I threw on a LYNX spray can you you can see the size of most of these things!...

Oh yer..As you can see inthe pic there is a rather big one... I got hold of the biggest he can sell.. lol

Ive got about 80 rockets..

no.. He actually worked for the firwork distributers lol!.. showed us his work permit ( well his ID and a load of invoices.. ).. these were 'over stocked' fireworks that the employee's were offered very cheaply.. this guy got a load to sell on...

I wouldn't have posted this up if they were..

I can still get hold of them until around wednesday.. might get some more if my mates want to pick some up to add to the stockpile..

we got a bit gidy at work today and must of sent 20 rockets up between us!! ha ha... Ive never spent any amount of money on fireworks before so I thought it was about time I caught up he he..

What has dawned on me is thast were got a seriously ridiculas amount of the small screamer rockets that just go....

WAAAAAHHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGHHHHHH... POP!

which are gonna seem really crappy to the humongous ones....

Weve been talking about experimenting with a few he he....

A mate of mine told me about someone he knew who put them upside down in the ground in his garden, and artex'ed his house with mud.

My girlfriend done that 2 years ago.

I look up to see fireworks flying towards me (and the house) because she had put them in the ground upside down. It was the tube style fireworks.

Hmm, Screech-bang rockets were pulled from sale back in 2002/3. They were outlawed (except for use when containted within a selection box), around the same time airbombs were also removed from sale and as it happens from last year cakes (or roman candle batteries) with just reports were mostly banned.

What you have been sold there is stock that can not now be sold on the high street, and it may not be stolen but you can be sure that the story is not as you have been told. Firework companies do not over stock like that they know well in advance exactly what they will have. Just out of interest what is the make on the rockets? Are they BS approved? and who did the guy claim he was working for?

Finally I don't take lightly to people admitting to the misuse of fireworks. I work on a professional basis in this industry, even if perhaps not full time, and stupid pranks that some idiots do puts the industry as a whole in a very bad light.

One last thing. All consumer fireworks have just been recliasified (again) this will be the last year that you get (legally) rockets such as those in your pics. All the large ones will now be too difficult to transport due to classification reasons and as such bye bye to them and some other types of fireworks too.

Ed said:
Hmm, Screech-bang rockets were pulled from sale back in 2002/3. They were outlawed (except for use when containted within a selection box), around the same time airbombs were also removed from sale and as it happens from last year cakes (or roman candle batteries) with just reports were mostly banned.

What you have been sold there is stock that can not now be sold on the high street, and it may not be stolen but you can be sure that the story is not as you have been told. Firework companies do not over stock like that they know well in advance exactly what they will have. Just out of interest what is the make on the rockets? Are they BS approved? and who did the guy claim he was working for?

Finally I don't take lightly to people admitting to the misuse of fireworks. I work on a professional basis in this industry, even if perhaps not full time, and stupid pranks that some idiots do puts the industry as a whole in a very bad light.

One last thing. All consumer fireworks have just been recliasified (again) this will be the last year that you get (legally) rockets such as those in your pics. All the large ones will now be too difficult to transport due to classification reasons and as such bye bye to them and some other types of fireworks too.

they are all labeled as 'Dancing RED DEVIL Fireworks''

any help?

are these banned too????? this was my other last purchase..

dsc00028fw3.jpg

TWELVE HUNDRED SHOT MEGA MISSLE!!!!!!!!!!! cant wait to see this baby go up!

Lol, do they need properley electronic firing systems to launch too? Or you gonna light them with a match and peg it!

kristian said:
they are all labeled as 'Dancing RED DEVIL Fireworks''

any help?

are these banned too????? this was my other last purchase..

dsc00028fw3.jpg

TWELVE HUNDRED SHOT MEGA MISSLE!!!!!!!!!!! cant wait to see this baby go up!

my neighbours and there dogs would love me if i set that off lol

That cake you have there is fine. They are very small bore (pen top) style mini rockets that go pop. Quite nice actually but they do make a rather large mess. :)

im still waiting to set those mortars off in a remote place somewhere. its one of those big fat ones used for proper firework displays and they're shaped like a coconut. shhh dont tell anyone! kekekee

Adam are you aware that as a 'non professional' simply having one of those fireworks in your possession is a criminal offence? Much like carrying a gun around. Also the people who supplied that to you have also committed a similar offence. I would seriously advise you dont mess about with it, as your likely to get yourself killed with something like that.

Oh and anyone here who shows any irresponsible behaviour with fireworks may find they are asked to leave. _they are not toys_

Lets not become a statistic ok?
http://www.dti.gov.uk/files/file29031.pdf

OMG Ed, that is some interesting but scary reading.

Kristian, if these are "professional display" fireworks, you'll want to be extremly careful. The fuses on them are designed for remote, instant detonation!!!

Kristians are not "professional fireworks" however the ones tse adam speaks of are, and may very well befitted with instant fuses (other wise known as quick match)

Ed

Black Cat r the way forward.

Arnold the 12 hundred shot one is a normal 5/10 second or whatever it is single fuse. They look a lot better than a lot of the other home fireworks imo. But as Ed said, a lot of mess!!

Hughes were u joking?!! If not he meant a furry rodent :(

Black cat top end stuff is certaintly ok. However harder to find stuff such as that from people like shellscape, kimbolton etc are much better still, but they are not cheap :)

Ed, Are you saying that the fireworks talked about at the start are Category 4 Fireworks?

In which case the person in possesion is liable for a fixed penalty notice for 'Posesion of a category 4 Firework' and the seizure of the fireworks.

The person that sold them is liable to report on summons for 'failure to display notice in premises re:sale of adult fireworks' and 'Supply a catagory 3 firework contrary to reg 8 firework regs 2004 & sec 11 (1) & (4) of the Fireworks Act 2003'

Pete

kristian's are not cat 4, but what tse_adam is talking about, is. However both 'suppliers' are liable under the second instance.

Pete do you know what the fixed penalty is?

kekeke ok guys chill out, i was only just saying. i have no intention of setting them off as i understand they should be professionally done. according to the instructions i need to dig a 4 metres hole and then stand 100m away from it to detonate it which im not prepared to do.

will pass them on to local organisers so it doesnt go into waste. and pete chill out too as those numbers you give dont mean anything to me. :)

happy halloween

FPN will be £60/£80 slap on the wrist Ed.

Adam the correct method would be to dispose of them to the police or a reputable dealer. I'm not having a go, chances are your out of my reach anyway.

yea i know thats what i will do. my friend used to work in a fireworks company so thats how he got his hands on them. he passed me a few and now it has been in my garage for 4 years. i doubt they will actually go off anyway! bet the spiders must had a good munch out of it :)

If explosives are exposed to changing conditions they should be disposed of. I've got a few cartridges that have been in the garage over winter so I'll be taking them to a gunsmiths for disposal, I don't fancy a dodgy cartridge coming through the side of the breach. I even got a puncture in my black-powder horn and the powders gone bad :'-( So I'll have to get that sorted.

ahhhh the old 'over stocked' line... utter nuts.

if i worked in the fireworks industry, i'd probably wait until after the Diwali & Guy Fawkes celebrations before declaring being overstocked.

as has been said by Ed, companies don't ever overstock as it is a health and safety hazard, as well as being bad business planning!

looking at that selection, 80 rockets for 60 quid is only marginally less that the wholesaler shop i visited yesterday.

as for screech bang rockets, i'd say stick to the cakes (roman candle batteries) much nicer.

but it's always a nice surprise when those travelling blagggers turn up- i've bought speakers that way before.

I had a highstreet pyro shop in 2003 for the nov season. Some guy came into the shop and tried to sell me fireworks claiming he could get whatever we wanted. We humoured him for a bit then he left.

Back