CGa3DE auto...

Craig

Unofficial Member (Gold)
Club Member
Is disappointingly open-deck.
Some other pictures of my day, note how close to the top of the deck the piston gets, it should - however - be alright to use a CG13 head on top.

This does mean that I have a shedload of CGa parts that I'll be getting rid of too.

Craig

Attachments

• DSC00849.jpg
    DSC00849.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 619
  • DSC00850.jpg
    DSC00850.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 254
  • DSC00851.jpg
    DSC00851.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 361
  • DSC00852.jpg
    DSC00852.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 327
  • DSC00853.jpg
    DSC00853.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 254
All piston on micras will stop flush with the block. You cannot just assume the head would fit. You would need to measure valve clearances.

True, and I agree. What my point is and I am trying to encourage (not to Craig as I know he would) that you need to /check/ things properly before just bolting stuff together.

Ed

True, and I agree. What my point is and I am trying to encourage (not to Craig as I know he would) that you need to /check/ things properly before just bolting stuff together.

Ed

Oh yes, I would definately check clearances hence why I said *should* ;)
The CG13 head protrudes *slightly* over the CGa headgasket due to the overbore, I may well grin some of it away to avoid running the risk of brakage.

Also, the CGa inlet cam has slightly more lift than CG13 cams if memory serves.

Craig

craig

you should,nt need to grind it, coz the combustion chamber is,nt circular anyway eh, and the extra lift wont hurt, but more duration might tho

Frank at least make a BIT of effort when you post. The example above is terrible.

ed, what,s the beef ?

the combustion chamber is oval shaped (2 round sides and 2 flat sides), so if a cg piston does,nt hit the flat parts at tdc, a cga also wont
the piston is nowhere near the top of its stroke when the valve is at full lift, so lift is irrelevant
the piston is close to the valve on opening and closing, so duration is relevant

looks good mate you finally got a cga3 block :D i will have that air con bracket off you if thats going ;) are you going to santa pod? wouldn't mind a splitter :p lol looking forward to seeing what you create with all the bits you have been gathering :D

ed, what,s the beef ?

No, this is beef

300_friendseat_beef.jpg

you should,nt need to grind it, coz the combustion chamber is,nt circular anyway eh, and the extra lift wont hurt, but more duration might tho

This is just lacking spelling and grammar and is difficult to read. Please refrain from using "txt speak" in the future.

Mike

What you now need Graig is a set of our high compression pistons and some 773Rally cams and you will have the basis of a good engine. This is basically what we have in the rally car (With a few extra wiz bits)

What you now need Graig is a set of our high compression pistons and some 773Rally cams and you will have the basis of a good engine. This is basically what we have in the rally car (With a few extra wiz bits)

Hehe , you are right on half of that, I do need to talk pistons (and many other things) with you, but I am going to be using a set of Tomei's to start off with - they are a very similar spec to the NME cams.

Nex, should be an absolute ripper ;)

Craig

Back