Amazing police video.. unbelievable..

Curved windows like that can take alot of force.. I was quite surprised too.

hehe, what an idiot in that car. Very strange they couldn't break those windows, they need harder sticks next time :)

Funny detail was that the policeman on the bike got up again and then the dude in the car was going to reverse again. Watch how fast that police man runs to the right immediately :D (heared myself narrating "that's not gonna happen to me twice yeah!")

Hope they lock that dude up for a good time.

not good. I'm suprised that bike stopped behind him!!! Did he actually think he'd stop!!! Nice strong windows tho, i wonder if theyre easier to break from the inside tho, for safety issues!!!

Incredible video. Hope he gets more than a few hours community service after all that.

I wonder if there could be a charge of attempted murder/manslaughter placed on the Celica driver for ramming that police motorcyclist? I'm not really sure how the law would see that one.....

we need yank style cops over here, take no crap!

The day our police behave like the Americans is the day I'll be leaving the country.

why? its only right, they dont muck about, n they give out PROPER sentances! i.e say killing sumone while drunk couple years n a ban if that? over there youd get about 12 year if u dont get charged with murder/manslaughter.

How close did that police rider come to having his head crushed between the two cars when he fell over?! Not sure what the charge would be, probably not attempted murder, too hard to prove, and there is no such thing as attempted manslaughter :) Probably get him for using the car as a makeshift weapon.

why don't the police carry those safety hammers used for breaking car windows?

Because with all the tools they'd need for all the different jobs they'd end up looking like bob the builder!

Like the way the second patrol car dude got out.... was like "Right, now your a dead man..."

"well my dear, your three point turn was perfect, your hill start was passable,you drove well throughout, unfortunately i am going to have to fail you for being unable to morph into something with round-the-corner vision and therefore being unable to see the maniac trying to kill us"

can you see that learner ever driving ever again? cuz i wouldnt if it was me

Using a little backward logic it should make you feel safer as a driver - ask yourself this - If it has never happened to you, it could do in future, but if it already has happened, what are the chances of it happening to you again!? :D

the officer on the bike is lucky to be alive... if he had no helmet on i would have suspected his head would have been crushed between the 2 bumpers of the car...

I think in answer to that Dan, using my backwards logic if you were that unlucky to have that happen on your driving lession I think said person may be so unlucky that kind of thing probably happens to them all the time!

the police were pretty luck they stopped the bloke where they did aswel, just the other side of that bridge is the train station and then if the bloke had of got through all of that there are 2 schools at the top of the road, so the learner driver was pretty lucky to be where he/she was!

Glenn you shoudl see if there is/was anything in your local news about it.

I think in answer to that Dan, using my backwards logic if you were that unlucky to have that happen on your driving lession I think said person may be so unlucky that kind of thing probably happens to them all the time!

How very pessimistic Ed! and at this time of year too! :D

Haha! I'm just cheesed of having to pay a £50 parking fine from being in a bay with no visible sinage when if i had parked 20 feet back on yellow lines I would have been fine grr (it was 10pm!) hmm..

I've not read thru the whole thread but the reason they batons didn't break the windows is because the type they were using is a hollow core tube, like the public order guys use, they are meant to be used on people and sting which I don't understand. If they'd been using ASP's like we carry it'd have gine straight thru, the only thing is it's far to easy to break peoples bones or even kill if you get the wrong area.

I've not read thru the whole thread but the reason they batons didn't break the windows is because the type they were using is a hollow core tube, like the public order guys use, they are meant to be used on people and sting which I don't understand. If they'd been using ASP's like we carry it'd have gine straight thru, the only thing is it's far to easy to break peoples bones or even kill if you get the wrong area.

Have you ever used one of these? Bloody dangerous tools. They will shatter your bone without even putting any effort in and I mean shatter, deaming your bone pretty much unrepairable. Which is why they can only hit them on the back of the legs where the muscle is etc. My dads a prison officer and he uses the same type as the police use. They'll very easily smash a window. It didnt smash because of the curve of the window i'd imagine. I'll ask him next time i see him.

"well my dear, your three point turn was perfect, your hill start was passable,you drove well throughout, unfortunately i am going to have to fail you for being unable to morph into something with round-the-corner vision and therefore being unable to see the maniac trying to kill us"

LMAO :D

if i'd been the learner driver then after the cops had dragged the guy out of the car i would have got out and kicked him in the nads! i suffer from road rage lol

Have you ever used one of these? Bloody dangerous tools. They will shatter your bone without even putting any effort in and I mean shatter, deaming your bone pretty much unrepairable. Which is why they can only hit them on the back of the legs where the muscle is etc. My dads a prison officer and he uses the same type as the police use. They'll very easily smash a window. It didnt smash because of the curve of the window i'd imagine. I'll ask him next time i see him.

Noooo you didn't read what I said, they were using a differant type of baton, they've got the old hollow ones (i've attached a pic of a side hold hollow one), where as my force (and I suspect the prison service) uses the asp or slide lock baton, which when extended is a long and heavy peice of aircraft grade stainless steel with a nasty tip. I chose a 26inch detective (chrome shaft) but we get a choice of size. Not all forces use the same equipment so it's pointless saying 'like the police use', West Yorks are only now changing their batons to a push button style one.

We use hollow batons in public order situations where a clear shot with an ASP isn't acheivable so a less lethal baton is used.

And for clarity, yes the asp can break bones, but we are authorised to use it in different zones from the thigh or calf (hurts like hell and will see someone on the ground), knee or hip joints (more serious), arms (drop weapon), to neck and head (death), dependant on the level of threat obviously.

Attachments

• SHB.jpg
    SHB.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 171
  • asp.jpg
    asp.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 138
Alienfish, ssshhh. No they are not, so I wouldn't mention it. But they are technically allowed to carry quickcuffs which can be used in a pain compliance way, but they'd be in a tricky situation if they got caught using either unreasonably.

And what do you mean by that deano? they are trying to bring the situation to a stop as quickly as they can, it's not their fault they haven't got the means to do so. We don't know how long the chase has been going on for, how many people have been endangered, how many people have actually been hurt etc. As I've said, we carry asp's that would go through the windows straight away, failing that our cars carry window hammers.

Alienfish, ssshhh. No they are not, so I wouldn't mention it. But they are technically allowed to carry quickcuffs which can be used in a pain compliance way, but they'd be in a tricky situation if they got caught using either unreasonably.

And what do you mean by that deano? they are trying to bring the situation to a stop as quickly as they can, it's not their fault they haven't got the means to do so. We don't know how long the chase has been going on for, how many people have been endangered, how many people have actually been hurt etc. As I've said, we carry asp's that would go through the windows straight away, failing that our cars carry window hammers.

he probably was refering to the copper who parked his bike behind that madman. if they'd been chasing him for a while then they would have seen the lengths that he would have gone to to get away and if it was me and i was on a bike then i'd be nowhere near him lol.

Back