alloys on rear of k11

davedaveld

Ex. Club Member
ive just tried to put some alloys on the back of my k11 micra and there was a gap inbetween the wheel and the drums i could get most of the nut on but not it all is this ok or not and what can i do to resolve this :grinning:

ive just tried to put some alloys on the back of my k11 micra and there was a gap inbetween the wheel and the drums i could get most of the nut on but not it all is this ok or not and what can i do to resolve this :grinning:

What alloys sounds like the centre bore of the rim is too small for the hub

I had the same with a set of VW tarantula alloys. The centre bores were too small so I had to mill them out

Centre bores are too small, wheels are going to be unbalanced and will feel like an absolute pig to drive. Mill them out to fit, or buy ones that do fit

I put e30 BMW ones on mine. Filed them out roughly with a course half round file then quick polish with small grinder with flapper wheel ( just makes it neater but not necessary) ensure they fit flush with thr drum etc before bolting on or otherwise may have an used could a puncture occur etc in future. No wobbles as decent fit

If the wheel isn't sitting flat on the mounting suface of the drum/disc, getting a puncture in the future is the least of your worries!

Be careful if you are filing the bore of wheels to make sure that you file a clearance to the spigot all the way round - make the hole larger than the spigot. That way you can ensure that you are not centering the wheels eccentricly. Wheel fixings with taper/radius seats are perfectly capable of centering on the nuts/bolts without center location just make sure you tighten up opposites gradually and in sequence. You only have to use centre location when the fixings are not doing the job as well. Of course a belt and braces approach is not wrong, just not 100% necessasary.

Back