Alloy Race Lightweight Flywheels (K11)

solarice

Ex. Club Member
I know a few of us are currently tuning our micras, and before i order one of these wondered if anyone else is interested in a groupbuy.

They have 190mm friction plate allowing a 190mm clutch to be fitted if you want, and can have the ring gear replaced if it becomes damaged...unlike the jun flywheel which i one solid piece, the alloy race are also lighter than the jun.

Im looking to order asap...first week in feb or so, would be ideal. :)

I really need people who were going to be buying a flywheel anyway and are definatly interested. Once i find out this i'll see about pricing.

Cheers,
Kris.

im possibly up for this if you can get a price, as i got a gearbox problem it will be comin off so best time to fit it :D

cheeers :D

also wat bout gettin uprated clutches too or is this over kill, i would like to do both in 1 go instead of takin box off twice

To give you an idea, ive worked out that 2 of these delivered to uk with import duty and vat etc paid would work out roughly at £320 each...but then again more people cheaper price :)

solarice said:
To give you an idea, ive worked out that 2 of these delivered to uk with import duty and vat etc paid would work out roughly at £320 each...but then again more people cheaper price :)

hmm wonder why you worked it out for two? ;)

pm wilsonian if he doesn't see this as hes interested. this is a worthwhile investment i'd say as i was going to get one myself.

has any one got this fitted so far? i know a guy with it n says it good but wana know if any1 thinks its bad or reasons y, i knpw car dies on hills but they do that alraedy :D

59 bhp is more than enough said:
solarice, so thats about 160 gbp for one. try and get a price for about ten delivered if you can.

no mate, thats £320 each...they are actually about £235 (each) normally with ring gear iirc (but dont hold me to that)..tho they normally sell them without ring gear.. once they get over here import vat etc...ups it slightly.

k11ss price is just for the flywheel.

yeah was thinking of contacting wilsonian (if he didnt spot this) as i know he asked if i thought anyone would be interested with a groupbuy.

as far as im aware any amount ordered will be made to order.

thanks for letting me know a bout this post - i would really like one but i have bills to pay untill summer :( it would be a nice adition to the SR!

Any one willing to do a charitiy for me? ;)

Where are these from, have you seen the Datrats ones?
I should be up for one, just need to check finances :)
Craig

craig they are from http://www.alloyrace.com/Index.html

from my working out the datrats flywheels are just over £330 (inc australian tax, at i think 10%) before they leave australia, where as ive been quoted £235 from alloy race.

looking at the pics and descriptions they appear to be the same flywheel, i believe beachboy was the person who originally spotted these.

looking to buy asap...as soon as i get a rough number of people...will see about a price.

which at moment, im counting a possible max of 5 people (inc myself). I can email them later on today and see what the score is...then we can take it from there if you like.

Ok for those interested i now have a price.

For 4 flywheels or more, i can get them for £205 each + p&p vat etc etc

dont know postage just yet, as need to confirm order amount :)

So if you want one add your name to the list below.

1. Solarice

So about 270 all-in (depending on import duties) reckon that it would work if they say that they are 2nd hand auto parts therefore VAT exempt?

It doesn't add any BHP to the engine however it will limit how many horses escape via the flywheel thus you'll get more gains at the ground - where it counts!

Right?

Erm soemthing like that, it means that less effort is used to turn the transmission, so more ges to the wheels and also quicker and will make engine decelleration less too due to the lowere momentum

be cerefull when fitting ultra light flywheels to standard engines cos if you miss a gear when revin hard you can drop a valva. it will rev up that quick over the limiter it wont catch it in time thats why they use uprated valva springs and solid lifter

Craig said:
So about 270 all-in (depending on import duties) reckon that it would work if they say that they are 2nd hand auto parts therefore VAT exempt?

im guessing at the moment...but i think, they'll be about £294 each (everything paid). But obviously need a postage cost, to make sure...so if youre definatly interested let me know.

in a month or two i would also take 1, im currently tryin to sell my car to buy this sort of tuning stuff :D

thanks for the work solarice :D

yeah i understand i have kinda sprung this on you's...originally i was just going to get one as wasnt sure how much interest there would be...but after talking / thinking about it ive decided to check.

i wont be putting it on just yet, but in not to distant future...as im looking to have the car 50% done for its run in, by end on febish...tho this may slide slightly.

when do you's reckon youd be able to afford it ?

As it would be daft me just ordering one, and losing out on discount. :)

i could buy once i sell car or save enough but i need a new gearbox for my other car so a lot of money stuff goin on jus now :( i reaslly want 1 tho so ill see wat i can do.

:D

Craig and k11ss...if you like, i can offer you somthing like a pay 50% now (non refundable - to cover my costs & to act as insurance so i dont lose the total amount in the event of non sale -- not that i expect any probs :) ) then when you could afford the other half, in a say a month...you send me that and i'll send you the flywheel.

That way, yous get the discount...its also reduces the delay of delivery for everyone...and i still get the total amount payable.

What do you reckon ?

sorry i will now be buyin another mod for the car insted which will need all my money but i hope u get more ppl involved sorry

good luck with buy :D

K11SS said:
sorry i will now be buyin another mod for the car insted which will need all my money but i hope u get more ppl involved sorry

good luck with buy :D

no worries mate :)

ideally im looking for 2 more people, that'll take it to 4 and the highest discount.

If craig's involved...then only needing 1 more person ...so who here wants a flywheel :D

so me and welly, possibly craig.

still needing 1 more interested person...then i can get shipping sorted and a total price worked out.

The 50% thing sounds good, are you getting them sent straight over by the co and do they still do the discount if you send yourold fly?
I will have one BTW :)
Craig

craig they dont need your old one...that price is for flywheel, ring gear etc which im told is basically everything you need to put it on (as in straight swap)

Yeah they will be personally sending over... :)

So weve got 3 definates, myself included...now does anyone know another person who may want one ?

Or is there someone on here who's been reading this but not said :) if so, go on...you know you want one...lol

Ok, so we can get no discount for sending out ring gear (haha) over?
Tommo or Beachboy may be interested if you could get hold of them?

Craig said:
Ok, so we can get no discount for sending out ring gear (haha) over?
Tommo or Beachboy may be interested if you could get hold of them?

lol no unfortunatly, no discount for sending out ring gear...tho they can be ordered without ring gear, but the way the pricing is working its beneficial to get them at same time. :)

contacted beachboy originally, before i mentioned group buy here...he wasnt planning on buying just yet...but this may change due to cheaper price now available.

i havent got tommos or beachboys email unfortunatly...there not offical members here so cant pm them and micraholics temp down :S

if anyone can contact them, can they give em a shout for me...would be appreciated :)

hmmm....

i'll have to have a nose around in my bank account....

IF i was to buy one, when would you need the money by?

nex looking to start the buy, when people have the money...tho i can give you the same deal as craig...provided its not going to be months inbetween payments...i can only do this for 2 people by the way, which would also delay your delivery until the balance was cleared.

I must stress the total price ive quoted is a guess, which im sure is pretty close as total postage has yet to be worked out...

Just to give the current interested people an idea i think if theres only 3 of us...pricing will be around £310 each...but again postage cost hasnt been confirmed.

ok cool...so thats four. :)

As i reckon this'll be the maximum number of people we'll be able to get involved i'll see about shipping for them.

Will probably know postage early tomorrow.

right ive got postage worked out...and i wasnt far off on the guess.

So if we say £295 per flywheel...that'll give a little buffer if my maths are wrong...if it turns out ive worked it out correctly then i'll send the difference back when i send out the flywheels.

everyone cool with that ?

craig -- are you paying 50% now, 50% later ?
nex -- which you looking to do -- same as craig or all in one go ?
welly -- take it youre still looking to pay full amount straight away ?

anyone paying full amount up front will get flywheel as soon as it arrives in uk...obvioulsy 50/50 payment will lead to a delay.

is everyone fine with sending me a cheque ?

craig can i have your email addresses so i can contact you that way...welly and nex i'll pm you through here...once we start sorting payment out.

My address is csm204 [at] soton.ac.uk
Why will I be waiting longer if I pay 1/2 later?

i meant...im happy to order it with only 50% paid.

but when arrives and if youve only paid half, id be needing the rest before id post it out. Just to cover me, i dont expect you to do a runner or anything...but just means the flywheel would be totally paid for.

get what i mean...or were you thinking youd be able to buy 50% of flywheel have it delivered to you then youd pay the rest at a later date.

Oh right, understood, any idea how long it would take to get here?
I would prefer to do the 50% thing if that is still ok though :)
Craig

Back