Wonky Nissan

scottish-sr

Ex. Club Member
Well as everybody knows the cold has set in. The window skooshers on my car had frozen up, so I got some anti-freeze in there and bingo, they started working again. But, when I pulled the stock to skoosh the front windows, the back one went too! I went back to the car later and now only the front one is coming on when its meant too. Kinda wonky and unsure of the cause.

dont throw BOILING water on frozen glass.. just use normal cool water...

from sounds of what you are saying maybe its the stalk itself... if it only working every soften i.e. loose connection...

mean micra said:
dont throw BOILING water on frozen glass.. just use normal cool water...

from sounds of what you are saying maybe its the stalk itself... if it only working every soften i.e. loose connection...

I know not to put boiling water on the glass as it makes it brittle. I put it in the resovoir and put hot water on the actual skooshers to melt any ice there. It seems fine now, might just have been abit of damp.

They always freeze up on all cars, I mean we have had BM's, Merc's and audis etc (two audi A6 avants currently, and probably permantly), all of which have had various 'electrical anti washer jet freezing devices' but none work, they have heated tanks, and pre warming devices (basically a big car battery in side pod of boot, that pre warms the inside and washer tank of car however many minutes before you want the car to be ready, very trick, but it still doesn't work!!!!), but they are always frozen somewhere or other and you still need to scrape and run engine for ages. What fun.

Back