wiring problme and question plz help !!!

wgc_daz

unlucky-racing.com
ok so i got a pasanger brake light out..not hard to sort out but the head light is dipped on that side aswell ...ignition on and with diped lights nothing .with heads on get somethging and full beam get more...like the left is always 1 step lower then right...are they connected i.e. the broken brake light is causing it ?

Your question is not very clear, you said you got passanger brake light out? not being funny but there isn't anything on car that is called a pasenger brake light, do you mean passenger side brake light, which really is called near side brake light,

So what have you done to it? oh! you took it out!! was easy was it!!

then you are saying the head light is dipped!! but we need to know what exactly do you mean by the headlight is dipped on that side as well, do you mean the headlight switches on by itself when you take the rear nearside brake light bulb out??

Or do you mean that when you switch your headlights on the nearside headlight comes on a dipped beam? or does it come on by itself when you press the brakes? you will have to elaborate a little more, you are saying "But the headlight is dipped on that side" you have to tell us why it should not be dipped? are you saying this happens when you take the brake light bulb out? or when you press brakes, I take it you have not turned any side lights or main lights on so far but your near side headlight just comes on by itself!! like magic!!

Then you are saying ignition On and with dipped lights nothing!!!! I mean what nothing? you mean car doesn't start, or it does not crank? or the headlights don't come on? or should something else happen when you turn your ignition on and dipped lights on? did you expect your driver's seat to eject you through the sun roof? you must tell us in order for us ti tell you what the problem is? so what vis not happening you tell us?

Any ways, it all seems to be you have bad earths on your lights, so check that all connections to lights are clean and rust free or no other corrosion and any wires or points which must earth are clean such as the bulbs themself must sit in a clean bulb holder, and the housing is earthed properly.

So check all the earths associates with lights. I take it your main earth to the engine block is intact and the car starts OK, if not tell us exactly what the problem is , don't just sau nothing, you tell us what did you expect it to do.

Your question is not very clear, you said you got passanger brake light out? not being funny but there isn't anything on car that is called a pasenger brake light, do you mean passenger side brake light, which really is called near side brake light,

You knew what he meant,

ok ok the " nearside" headlight is always less bright then the drivers side on all setting for the lights and i was wondering if the brakelight being out would effect the lights on that side

and cheers for the friendly survice

ok ok the " nearside" headlight is always less bright then the drivers side on all setting for the lights and i was wondering if the brakelight being out would effect the lights on that side

No the brake lights should not effect the headlights each light has to have its own proper earthing path, often when an earthing path becomes bad through rust or corrosion, the current then starts flowing through adjacent circuits associate with that faulty circuit, in which case it may bring on another lamp that you did not intend to switch on, such as a dim headlight, as the circuit is trying to send the earthing current through the headlight earthing and through its elemet.

Other than that, if your nearside head light is not as bright as the off side, then check the bulb hasn't become darkened, change the bulb. And check the quality of the reflector, if the reflector layer becomes detached or worn out, the lights will be dim and not very bright.

No need for that, it looks like he's going to a lot of trouble to help the young man solve his problem, his first post wasn't at all clear.

I think you owe him an apology.

I'm not going to get in an argument about this and I'm not going to apologise, yes he is helping him but the first bit about the passenger brake light being the nearside light was pointless, he knew what he was talking about, some people don't know the technical terms and have trouble explaining the problems, making them feel like an idiot isn't helpful

No need for that, it looks like he's going to a lot of trouble to help the young man solve his problem, his first post wasn't at all clear.

I think you owe him an apology.

Thank you Pugboxter, really appreciate your understanding and suport, I tried to ask him as much as I could with a bit of jest!! since how has a bit of laugh ever hurt anyone.
but obviously the guy himself did not take an offence to me asking him lots of questions but this other guy comes in and you know the rest.

STOP THIS RIGHT NOW. i dont think a mod has seen this thread yet but this is a brand new member and you are all acting like children. for gods sake people. not at all in the spirit of the club.

first thing to do is swap the bulbs from left to right and see if this makes a difference. if it does then change the bulbs that are affected. if not then you may need to delve deeper into it as the micra fuse box can get water damaged and cause all sorts of problems.

Olly take a chill pill, no need to get stressed over the way someone posts. If you don't like it either report it or bottle it up until you can play a RPG to release the anger.

Mike

And trying to be helpful to someone on here and I get infraction, through no fault of mine, apart from being called xyz, so I simply returned that favour. Else where on another car club site I have over 10,000 posts and in that 3 years time I got no infractions, I am a level headed person with an attitude that is kind towards others when not provoked. I hope the guy who called me xyz has also got an infraction.

And trying to be helpful to someone on here and I get infraction, through no fault of mine, apart from being called xyz, so I simply returned that favour. Else where on another car club site I have over 10,000 posts and in that 3 years time I got no infractions, I am a level headed person with an attitude that is kind towards others when not provoked. I hope the guy who called me xyz has also got an infraction.

Alright mate don't cry about it I got an infraction too

hey i had that the headlight was dimmer than the other i swaped the wires round and it worked a treat but my back light wasnt out

How do you mean swapped the wires around? which wires? I'd suggest re-doing all the earths

ok thank you all for the input and i am sorry for caulsing a dispute in the club :(...i found a broken filiment in the brakelight (dum dum dummm) and i been a kid in the snow so haven checked my earths or headllight bulbs yet. but i will do and ill get back to you all.. thanks so much.

ok thank you all for the input and i am sorry for caulsing a dispute in the club :(...i found a broken filiment in the brakelight (dum dum dummm) and i been a kid in the snow so haven checked my earths or headllight bulbs yet. but i will do and ill get back to you all.. thanks so much.

I am glad you sussed out the problem being a broken filament in your brake light, and you have still got to find the cause of the head light being poor or dim,

Don't blame yourself for causing the problem, it was someone else who had no better things to do.

I am glad you sussed out the problem being a broken filament in your brake light, and you have still got to find the cause of the head light being poor or dim,

Don't blame yourself for causing the problem, it was someone else who had no better things to do.

lol thankx msg2 ill replace the buld and let you guys know how i get on thx .

Back