Why will it not be ok'?

A

adr3n

I passed my test 3 months ago, been from bideford - exeter (50miles) inc motoway driving, but my parents wont let me drive up to bristol airport, they seem to tihnk that my micra K10 wont make it....

so instead they want to drive me and my girlfriend up, i was so pleased to pass my test to have the independats now they are taking it away

grr:down:

Point them to the direction of these forums to show how good these cars are! I've driven mine roughly 700/800 miles within a 48 hour period. Sussex to Bradford, Bradford to Hull, Hull to Sussex.. It survived the whole thing with no faults at all!

im sorry but its this kind of ignorance that really winds me up. when i first got my first car (k11 1.0 L) people kept daying "you wont be making long journeys in that" i drive 30 miles each way to college everyday without a single fault. people who have no idea about cars shouldnt comment on what they can and cant do. On last years american gumball rally someone did it in a citreon 2cv. if that can survive anything can. my mate used to drive to norwich and back in his 1050cc mk1,2 and 3 polo. and a 120000 miles mk3 fiesta. if they can im sure a jap car can do it five times better.

50 miles is nothing!

I use mine to drive to my girlfriends place couple of times a week, about 70 miles away.
I drove 450 km non stop, 280 miles, just the other week. I'm never worried, it has never let me down.

But don't u guys have like road side assistance in England? It only costs about 50 euros/year here, dunno how much that is in pounds, it's too late atm..;)

I'll bet if you can get that, your parents wont mind u taking the Micra?

IVE put 20,000 miles on my k11 in the last 6 months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Car is now on 112,000

True... I drove from london to manchester and back without fail or flicker. EVERY weekend

I wouldn't trust a nova to do that....

kristian

K10 micras don't have much to go wrong. New cars with their ECUs and all, frequently have overheating problems, brake problems etc. Just keep oil topped and usual and you'll be doin fine.

they are hard as nails, if it's been looked after you'll have no problems at all. only thing that gets me with long motorway journeys is the noise and slightly rough ride. but then i do often drive a volvo s40 on motorways so maybe not a fair comparison..

My K10 has done me about 20,000 miles from when i got it in Sept 04 till April this year and the only problem I had with it was the gearbox, and that was like that BEFORE the 20k miles! :)

My K11 has been even more hammered, driven about 8000 miles (maybe even more) in 4 months so far, still going strong, but heading for the 100k miles hehe

bigyellowsub said:
New cars with their ECUs and all, frequently have overheating problems, brake problems etc.

No they don't. New cars are far more reliable than old cars, both by virtue of being newer, and improved manufacturing and engineering. The only problem I see commonly on new cars are that they just won't start, and display the engine check light. But overheating and brake problems?

i just bought a super s that had been sittin in a farmyard barn for about 4 months, started 1st time and took me 200miles home at 80mph with 3 passengers so i also agree they are hard as nails!

well i did the trip today without telling them i was going, got there and back no problems ;)

Back