Whiteline Panhard Rod

hoodedreeper

Ex. Club Member
I've recently gotten hold of a Whiteline Pan Hard Rod (as some may know).

Upon looking at it,i noticed one end has a metal sleeve in the bush,and the other one doesnt. Here are a couple of photos:

phr-1.gif

phr-2.gif

Is the other end supposed to have a metal sleeve or not? Just that i dont wanna go and fit it,when it needs a sleeve.

Many thanks

ive just found that problem tonite! lol. the one with the sleeve is the upper mounting point, but i never got a sleeve with mine on the lower, what i done was to take the original sleeve off, cut all the rubber away and use it. im no sure if its rite, hope fully someone will help the both of us.! haaa.

i put the threaded end near the top but im pretty sure mine has sleeves either end.. i can look tomorrow if you want?

Im also pretty sure both ends on mine had a sleeve to it...especially as the lower end uses the sleeve to clamp everything up to, though i suppose the same goes for the top tbh.

mine came with sleeves in both but one of the was the wrong size so i made a new one up on a lathe!!

failing that just use the orginal one just remove all the rubber.

the rod looks like its been well used when the previous owner took it off the car the probably couldn't get the sleeve off as the tend to sieze on the axle.

i put the threaded end to the axle. i hope thats right. i cant imagine it make much difference!!

Is it just a piece of metal pipe/sleeve? Is it anything special? Providing i get the corrent bore...can i use any type of metal piping?

mate, just use the stock one. thats what ive done. you need to cut all the rubber from the old bush off and then buff it down so its smooth, bout 5 minit job. then you have a perfect sleeve.

It does need to have serrated edges tho so it bits on to the washer and the rear of the mounting nut. so youll be better off using the stock one.

if you do use the stock one i used a flame to melt the rubber down and its easier to scrape off, then ust buffor sand the exess away and sand inside the sleeve so it goes on easier, and get plenty loosall on it aswell. :D

Back