what did you do to your micra today ?

I refer you to my previous post.....

The event has a number of special tests and a lot of top crews so will be v fast paced through the night.

If i am doing an event i will do it properly or not at all....

You should have seen the prep list for Wales Rally GB !

Oh and i want to look after the latest engine, so it gets fresh oil every event, and box roughly every 6 months.

Will also do a quick bolt check whilst i am under the car.

Biggest faf with it all is removing the sump guard which is a bit bodged as it is isnt really designed for the car, but does the job very well.

I refer you to my previous post.....

The event has a number of special tests and a lot of top crews so will be v fast paced through the night.

If i am doing an event i will do it properly or not at all....

You should have seen the prep list for Wales Rally GB !
Still a road rally tho no? So mist be suitable for road going cars. Hence my question.

You forget I do forest rally. I'd assume my list is rediculous in comparison (its rediculous anyway)
Oh and i want to look after the latest engine, so it gets fresh oil every event, and box roughly every 6 months.

Will also do a quick bolt check whilst i am under the car.
I need to invest in a cheaper car.. everything's a step up in the bigger cars. Engine rebuilt every 6 months. Box remains the same but is inspected after every stage. Usually a gearset if necessary. Bolt check, Oil etc is all swapped fresh each stage too. Probably why rallying costs me so much money
Biggest faf with it all is removing the sump guard which is a bit bodged as it is isnt really designed for the car, but does the job very well.
I'm fairly lucky on that front as you can imagine the aftermarket is pretty good for (dare I say it) bolt on parts

Yep suitable for road car, and i did think about using my daily driver, but not worth the risk......

The micra spec which you probably know wont be the highest spec car there by any stretch..... Sport at the sharp end is full on at any level, and i will do all i can to ensure the car the link that lets us down.

Road rallying in many ways is harder as you have no service, just the car, some tools a few spares and off you go, no chance to sort out any issues without it costing you lots of time, no running off to service to sort things out.

Yep suitable for road car, and i did think about using my daily driver, but not worth the risk......

The micra spec which you probably know wont be the highest spec car there by any stretch..... Sport at the sharp end is full on at any level, and i will do all i can to ensure the car the link that lets us down.

Road rallying in many ways is harder as you have no service, just the car, some tools a few spares and off you go, no chance to sort out any issues without it costing you lots of time, no running off to service to sort things out.
I use my daily picasso. Not a bump It hasn't dealt with yet. And beating the prepped rally cars is always entertaining.

Everyone starts somewhere. Agreed. Good maintenance is crucial regardless :)

Where road rallyings timing is concerned I see em as easier. No service but they're not properly flat out. After all they average 30mph...
And if we're honest the route planners sometimes pick roads best suitable for jacked up 4x4s. So no one's gets far fast :p

I have one Friday myself in a 205gti :) already prepped etc

I just bought this Nissan March. I havnt even looked at it yet but it was VERY cheap. What do they call the Micra Super/SR in jap land?

_12_zps5a61dea2.jpg

Can see why it was very cheap ;)

Sticking it's engine in the k10?
True haha but its not got any rust! I plan to restore it then turbo it. Keep the K10 as a daily.
It comes with aircon and cruise control! Wind defelctors, mid spoiler and loads more jdm goodies.

True haha but its not got any rust! I plan to restore it then turbo it. Keep the K10 as a daily.
It comes with aircon and cruise control! Wind defelctors, mid spoiler and loads more jdm goodies.

Saw that one on eBay....Uxbridge, right?

Was toying with the idea of getting it transported to Norwich but it cost waaaaaaay too much...!

Sent from my RM-892_eu_euro1_205 using Tapatalk

All that rare-ness dude. Careful you don't bust a nut when you view it!

Where's the March grill?

Looking at the state of the paint job on the wing, bumper and grill I'd say it's had a front end smash.

Best check it still runs and isn't a write off... :cool:

Last edited:
thinking on making a fake floor for the back so its all level and so i can sit my sub on it, anyone done this before? seems easy enough, just cardboard silhouette then put it on ply and cut it out.

All that rare-ness dude. Careful you don't bust a nut when you view it!

Where's the March grill?

Looking at the state of the paint job on the wing, bumper and grill I'd say it's had a front end smash.

Best check it still runs and isn't a write off... :cool:
Dont know where the march grille is buts its 100 percent march. Jdm front dumper, kph dial, air con, cruise control, mid spoiler, jdm march wheels. Maybe the grille got broken. Cant be a front end crash as the front bumper is still the jap style on. Also runs and drives fine just failed mot on minor sill rust

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk 2

Had a result today, went scrappers for my speedo and WAHAY!!! its the one with the tacho (eat yer heart out stuart:p)
Anyway put it in and the bleddy speedo needle does not move again, same problem as the old one. Bollocks I thought, anyways, popped in my fitters on the way home and told him the problem. "Lift the bonnet" he said, stuck his hand in for 5 seconds and fixed it - loose connector on the gearbox :rolleyes: so my original speedo worked all the time.
I'm hap, hap, happy though to gain a tacho:D all I have to do now is paint it sometime, like the SR's.

Dont know where the march grille is buts its 100 percent march. Jdm front dumper, kph dial, air con, cruise control, mid spoiler, jdm march wheels. Maybe the grille got broken. Cant be a front end crash as the front bumper is still the jap style on. Also runs and drives fine just failed mot on minor sill rust

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk 2

We need more pictures :p x

thinking on making a fake floor for the back so its all level and so i can sit my sub on it, anyone done this before? seems easy enough, just cardboard silhouette then put it on ply and cut it out.
I have made a solid one for my boot. Much better for putting stuff in now. I used the carpet as a template with stiff cardbord. You can't get it to fit exactly as it won't lift out. I just had to keep trimming the cardboard till I found a happy medium. Then I made it in ply and glued the carpet to that.

Had to do a cv boot for an mot...supposed to be straight forward, while taking that apart discovered the anti roll bar link had snapped (probably the mystery noise its had recently).

Couldn't even tell it'd broke initially as everything was still in place just from years of pressure.

CV boot no major fitting issues, but i had to wait overnight for the new drop link. It arrived today, assembled and started fastening it all up, then the new drop link nut strips out :mad: (before getting anywhere near the torque setting)...*sigh* so ordered a replacement and again had to wait it for it to turn up, phoned up an hour later and apparently it wont be in until tomorrow....ffs.

Lets just hope it doesn't break again or my suspicions on it being cheap crap (in part quality, not cost) will be correct.

Too right, buying springs tomorrow (weather permitting) as I need to measure them, and also buying the adaptor hoses for the pump. Pump getting bought on the 28th and then fitting some time in march :)

My fogs turned up today...but now it's dark...so they'll have to wait til the weekend...yay!

Get em on now :) then ya have plenty of light :)

I did consider it...but I didn't fancy being out in the rain peeing about under the car...

Hopefully, they go on as easy as they look...I don't really want to take the whole bumper off if I don't have to...

I did consider it...but I didn't fancy being out in the rain peeing about under the car...

Hopefully, they go on as easy as they look...I don't really want to take the whole bumper off if I don't have to...

Yours face lift or later k11c like mine?

Danm you! I want some :( where you get them from n what model did they come off of? Wanna set them to come on as driving lamps ( ie with main beams )

They were on eBay, £25 or best offer with £10 postage...I offered £10 and expected them to ignore it...but they accepted it!

2002 Almera Sport fogs...

Back