what did you do to your micra today ?

WDIDT?
Cleaned her quickly then took some photos. My favorite one:
DSCF3506_zps1a9e1b80.jpg

Did my tyre pressures as my front drivers was looking real bad. It was down at 13 psi. No idea if its a puncture or just the cold getting too it. My other tyres had all dropped by about 4 psi too! Crazy stuff. Anyone else having trouble with tyre pressure in the cold?

Did my tyre pressures as my front drivers was looking real bad. It was down at 13 psi. No idea if its a puncture or just the cold getting too it. My other tyres had all dropped by about 4 psi too! Crazy stuff. Anyone else having trouble with tyre pressure in the cold?
Not so much tyre pressures but does the cold affect suspension? For example does shock oil thicken with the cold or rubber bushes get harder? My car feels harsher in the cold weather, seems noisier too, creaking and squeaking. o_O

Do a leak test Harlen, bottle of washing up liquid with water, and put solution on both sides of the bead and the walls and tread of the tyre. You will see bubbles forming where there's a puncture etc....

Harlen said:

Mine was leaking due to a bad bead seal. Chucked in a can of tyre weld and had no problems since.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Forum Runner

Fitted my new steering wheel with a different boss to what most people use.
NRG short hub for Nissan R33
srk140h.jpg

srk140hback.jpg

and fitted to the car...
20130125132335.jpg

20130125132325.jpg

The horn also works but I need a spacer as the spline hits the horn and wont fit to the hub, so I'm without a horn for now...
20130125134148.jpg

20130125134236.jpg

Since I've change the stock wheels to the deep dish, I had this huge wobble in the steering wheel that was fixed with a spigot ring and turned the wobble into a slight wobble however, putting this steering wheel has removed the wobble, which to me does not make sense. Surely its coming from the wheels so I should have it with no matter what type of steering wheel I got? :confused:
But I think it looks awesome, different and feels great. Also did a little sticker bombing to the center to match the rest of the inside :D

mine is more what my micra did to me lol, decided it didnt want to turn a corner in the snow and plowed straight off the road onto the grass covered with about 2ft of snow which got me stuck :( was rescued by a passing aa van

BIGGGG UPDATE! :D
few little extras added...oh yeah... and a flat tyre..
so ive got a white steel spare on, till i get myself down to discount tyres...

CAI moved towards front of car, near the grille / nostrils
a9_zpsd7b82ac2.jpg

a10_zpsf6ad45d2.jpg

Meshed my front grille
a8_zps213731a9.jpg

as you can see, CAI right behind grille now
a7_zpsab0ab16f.jpg

a6_zps8eb7a6d2.jpg

shot of the whole car
a5_zps76a067b4.jpg

pink dice dust caps :D
a4_zps44914f76.jpg

flourecent pink status error sticker :D
a3_zps337836b0.jpg

thats the spare wheel...
a2_zpsc180f77d.jpg

a1_zpsa8d894af.jpg

Still waiting for them to be delivered :/ can't wait to get them on the car, but I'll only be running them for meets atm as my insurance is being a **** about them, so need to switch insurance :/ at least it gives me time to refurb them :p

ysa2u6y7.jpg

There are now 4 micras living with me.

8u4ade6a.jpg

Rebuilding a k10 box.. Well fixing it tbh. Input shaft bearing engine side. Should I replace the opposite bearing as the other was allowing a lot of play?

well sit on my face and call me terry

Also got my money out for a new engine and LSD for the tubby. Which will be taken off the road and will be facing a shell restore... Look forward to a hell load of updates on the build thread.

I want one :( you have too many lol
Its not mine ... Sad times. But I get to drive it a lot yay. No doing some work on it for a member here. Just think .. A year a go my ability with mechanics was changing wiper blades.

type 41 pre-face 1.0 mate, should be the same eh, from the white car that i thought was noisy (turned out to be the gearchange rod touching the body )
i cut the spline off for a clutch aligning tool, and welded the diff, but should have all the other bits, and taper bearings innit :)

Inniiittt. Clutch aligning tool what you need one of them for lol!! Ghetto style mate is the one To go for eh? You don't have to dude. The owner will buy the bits for it.

WDIDT?

There is awful rain out there :( I had almost beat with Porsche Boxster (12plate) in 1/4 drag race. Damn i wish that i got micra k11 turbo.... it will be my next micra project :)

skymera said:
If you almost beat a 260+hp Boxter then they weren't trying and you probably embarrassed yourself.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Forum Runner

Lool Not really. He was so annoyed to me first cos he was overtaken then gave me smile. When he pass to me then he dragged away. I tried to catch up then he was on middle of two lanes so can't do anything. ( it was heavy rain so he can't see his windscreen lol)

Anyway I should leave it. I mention to work out with my mpg. Am I stupid? Yes I am :)

Lol. Are they all the same then? What's the big bearings called and the odd cone shaped , with little cylinders instead of bb's?

here,s what bearings i can get off chris, the ballbearing 1st motion shaft one (near the clutch) the needle bearing off the other end, and the 2 outer cones from the layshaft and shims (cant get the inners off without busting the roller cage)

brgs.JPG

oZcunmy.jpg

Fitted an induction kit which was made up from leftover parts of my Dad's supercharged MX5 parts.

This was the best place it would go as the piping is a little too short to go behind the battery. But I think it's pretty cool for the time being, makes lots of noise too!

Also picked up a 4-2-1 manifold from hoodedreaper yesterday, spent about 4 and a half hours on the roads going to get it. Dedication to the cause eh? But that'll have to wait until after my MOT in March for fitting.

Doing a quick refurb on std steels. Thought I'd post a pic just in case anybody is unfamiliar with the playing card trick and is still masking the hard way :rolleyes:
IMAG0224_zps71b501db.jpg

IMAG0225_zps6b3bf79a.jpg

IMAG0230_zpsad15ab77.jpg

Looking betterer! :D And took less than 5 minutes to mask up all 4 rims ;) Still need to get some more white paint and then lacquer them but you get the idea :) Btw, as you can see, cut up cereal packet works just as well :rolleyes:

here,s what bearings i can get off chris, the ballbearing 1st motion shaft one (near the clutch) the needle bearing off the other end, and the 2 outer cones from the layshaft and shims (cant get the inners off without busting the roller cage)

View attachment 21703
Frank you are a nightmare! He is buying them, you will need these with all your projects! I do appreciate it but you don't have to :D

Back