VW Golf Steelies on Micra?

mintyfresh

Ex. Club Member
Would they fit? My mate bought some then decided he was just gonna by banded steels. I think he said they were actually for a Corrado but fitted the Golf mk2.

He said if they didnt fit it'd only be be a couple of mm but he wasnt 100% on it.

I was just wondering cause it would save me a lot of time and effort spraying mine near enough the same colour,

Cheers

i have had some alloy wheels that used to be on a mk2 golf before i got them. they fitted fine with no problems :) but they where 15's..i think 14'' steelies will be fine. though ;)

cheers guys, one more thing on the same sort of topic..

does anyone have experience with 185/60/14 wheels, do they work, have enough clearance, mess up gearing etc and how much of a mission is it to steer with them and non-PAS?

Thanks in advance

cheers guys, one more thing on the same sort of topic..

does anyone have experience with 185/60/14 wheels, do they work, have enough clearance, mess up gearing etc and how much of a mission is it to steer with them and non-PAS?

Thanks in advance

should fit, clear and turn with ease I'd say... bearing in mind I'm running 195/45/15's on a 6.5J wheel on a 94 plate micra with no PAS..... builds your arm muscles up if nothing else :p

EDIT - just checked the rolling diameter, and your 185/60/14's will be 21mm larger across the face of the tyre, so essentially raising the profile by about 10.5mm - should still be ok though

I had 185/65/14's and they jacked up the car like 3 inches lol rubbed very slightly on full lock or with fat people in the boot

im running 14 x 6 on 185/55/14 lowered about 55-60mm all round,no rubbing, no nothing even with people in the back

just a thought for you and modded, the fiesta zetecs run 185/55/14, the guy at the tyre shop told me,easier for trying to get tyres if you have aftermarket rims

cheers

fat people in the boot :p !

bat people in the foot!!!:p:p

Lol, I like to keep mine with me for easy access in an emergency.

Anyway back on topic before the mods get upset.....

Haha :p

after doing some research and finding out that 4 tyres for the wheels would set me back approximately 180 quids.. i dont think i'll be buying the wheels (these weren't the aformentioned VW steels, but Nissan alloys)

cheers for the info anyway (Y)

Back