Traitor

F

F61 JTT

Would i be classed as a micra traitor now as i have my project car to work on. Daihatsu Charade 1.0 Turbo 1984.

Any body got any reviews on these cars n how to modify them??

I Drive a Punto, James Drives an Almera, Paddy a Corsa, and more...

But we all stayed on the site, and have posted pretty much everyday...

So if you do the same...No, you won't me :p...lol

84 charade turbo, dam thats old skool!!

iv seen one in sheffield was a bit barried up which was a shame. Proper rare motor dnt chav it up!!

84 charade turbo, dam thats old skool!!

iv seen one in sheffield was a bit barried up which was a shame. Proper rare motor dnt chav it up!!

Savage!! Guy had one over here in dublin with a turbo the size of my head and then some,but never let it out as he was afraid it would blow up in his face!!. . .twice!

Engine looks crazy in then twincam 3clylinder 12 valve if my memory serves me,fair play post up a few pics

You should find a club on t'interweb some where and they'l advise you on how to mod it and at the same time show you how to not put 15 holes in yer bonnet. . .3 relativly large ones and 12 little small ones

Ive done a fair bit with them. I have fitted Micro tech ecus and stuff. Parts are ok to get, they are revvy little things. But you need to do allot of stuff to them to get them much over 150bhp as all the pipework is so small. whatever you do DO NOT fit a fuel cut defender.

As for the car, they are ok, small and light but they do have a horrendous plastic interior.

Ed

Ive done a fair bit with them. I have fitted Micro tech ecus and stuff. Parts are ok to get, they are revvy little things. But you need to do allot of stuff to them to get them much over 150bhp as all the pipework is so small. whatever you do DO NOT fit a fuel cut defender.

As for the car, they are ok, small and light but they do have a horrendous plastic interior.

Ed

You don't think much of them fuel cut defenders at all do you now I understand there not the correct way of doing things but Remember when you were fitting the emanage to my st I told you I had a starlet turbo with one on it running 1 bar boost all day everyday for nearly a year,so maybe there ok for some applications!If I was every doing a starlet again I'd go for the apexi power fc

Most of them work by clamping the maf/map sensor voltage. If you don't do anything else to compensate for this (5th injector or something) and you WILL cause engine damage. One the FCD is working the ECU has NO idea of any extra loading, meaning that boost increases WILL cause a lean out and melted engine etc.

Most of them work by clamping the maf/map sensor voltage. If you don't do anything else to compensate for this (5th injector or something) and you WILL cause engine damage. One the FCD is working the ECU has NO idea of any extra loading, meaning that boost increases WILL cause a lean out and melted engine etc.

Ryt I understand. . .I had it setup on a rolling road a few small adjustment were made and it was fueling correctly the way through the rev range,I'm not dis-agreeing with you but it seemed to work ok,Iknow it a dodgy cheap ass way of doing it.The thing I noticed is that it still hit the fuel cut in extremly cold conditions so it does'nt completly get rid of the fuel cut.

Map sensor in the starlet as far I know

thats right under some conditions the fuel cut is at different voltages, when its cold the car will run richer, so as a percentage of duty cycle, you may still hit the cut.

Back