The Official JAE Q&A Thread!

Kris C

Ex. Club Member
Just a couple of questions i have regarding JAE (prob why its in the JAE section:blush:)

1. can i come lol?
2. If i book a place on the stand or if im allowed to be on can i pull my car out if its not ready as its states no WIP's?
3. I havent paid for an advanced ticket so does that mean i cannot come on Thursday and have to wait till Friday?
4. Camping, is there a limit to the size of the tent?
5. is the campsite far from your car?
6. Is there a limit to how many people can come?

Thanks all

Just a couple of questions i have regarding JAE (prob why its in the JAE section:blush:)

1. can i come lol?

Yes, if you buy a ticket :)

2. If i book a place on the stand or if im allowed to be on can i pull my car out if its not ready as its states no WIP's?

No WIPs basically means unpainted panels/covered in filler. If you just havent fit a part you're intending to though, it doesn't matter.

3. I havent paid for an advanced ticket so does that mean i cannot come on Thursday and have to wait till Friday?

I think so yes!

Depends how big your tent is! I had a pretty mahoosive one last year and that was alright, but obviously a 12 man or something may be too big, unless the rest of us can come in there with you ;)

Nope, we literally pitch our tents behind the stand and cars

Thanks all

Not strictly at the moment, although if our stand starts really filling up, you will be limited

This is how I understand your questions, but willing to be corrected if need be :)
Hope this helps :)

That would be my first show ever, so I'd like to add some more questions (course if Kris doesn't mind me to)

1. If I don't take a tent with me, can I go out with my car and stay at a local B&B over night?
2. Is there any shops around where we can get whatever we need, obviously we can't expect the BBQ to be on 24h a day :) (this one may be a dumb one, but as I've mentioned - never been there before)
3. Where can we wash our cars, cause I'd be coming from a decent distance?

That pretty much covers it, was hoping the Thursday entrance wouldn't be limited but hey ho.

Oh yeah does a ticket = your car on the stand or is that extra? i have read the info thread believe it or not :doh:

That would be my first show ever, so I'd like to add some more questions (course if Kris doesn't mind me to)

1. If I don't take a tent with me, can I go out with my car and stay at a local B&B over night?
2. Is there any shops around where we can get whatever we need, obviously we can't expect the BBQ to be on 24h a day :) (this one may be a dumb one, but as I've mentioned - never been there before)

Feel free dude (Y) Id like to know as well mostly for drink from Tesco or the like

wouldn't mind clarification on the Thursday attendance?

Oh and do i still buy a ticket through the club or just rock up and pay on the day?

Pep i checked on Google maps and there is a mahoosive Tesco about 5 minutes down the road, if thats what you after.
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en...w.&biw=1024&bih=629&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl
Tesco Kettering, it is indeed huge! Our usual port of call for supplies, although everybody else uses it too so make sure you're quick!

I'm going to rename this into an official Q&A thread now as that's actually a really good idea! Cheers Kris! :)

Kris C said:
1. can i come lol?
1. Please do! :)
2. As Niki said, bare painted body parts or filler etc are usually a no no, but you can park in the public car park and join us if it's that "WIP"!
3. Thursday is a set up day for the admins usually anyway, but everyone's welcome from Friday onwards!
4. So long as it's relatively sensible you should be fine!
5. 1 metre :p
6. If you want to bring people you're more than welcome, Baz hired a motorhome and drove over with a bunch of friends from Ireland last year! The more the merrier! :)

peposhi said:
1. Yes you're more than welcome to, but IMO the night time activities and festivities is one of the best bits of JAE! :laugh:
2. See above :)
3. There's plenty of taps dotted around the site (or if you're feeling brave, the Tesco above has car wash attendants in the car park, at least I think it does)

Just to let people know, Thursday is setup day at JAE. Only a few club officials can gain access.

Arrive anytime Friday.

Kev - I'm having slight issues with what car I'll be in for JAE!
The Cabriolet's pretty much been sold, so would I be able to bring my Civic if I dont have a different car by then? I'll park it at the back of the stand if need be, I'm definitely still coming!

Kev - I'm having slight issues with what car I'll be in for JAE!
The Cabriolet's pretty much been sold, so would I be able to bring my Civic if I dont have a different car by then? I'll park it at the back of the stand if need be, I'm definitely still coming!

What a pity, I wanted to see her soo much :(

Only one question from me, ok well two. Can I bring a bottle of dark rum again and will I be cooking.

Only one question from me, ok well two. Can I bring a bottle of dark rum again and will I be cooking.

2 questions, can we all drink it and are you any good at it? :blush:

what time is the site open from, ie hen can i get in and park up?
Big thanks to James and Kev for the feedback (Y)

What a pity, I wanted to see her soo much :(

Yeah believe me, I'm gutted too - I wasn't expecting her to sell so quickly! I'll most likely be getting an MG next, so I won't be able to bring that either lol I'll be bringing the Civic!

I'll bring a cab, don't worry

(Y) Good man, I'm looking forward to seeing that little beasty again :)

Possibly the last of my questions, promise

You missed the deadline for the club discounted tickets and BBQs. You can get one on the gate, I would contact Kev on here and see if you can try and get a ticket and BBQs through the club for less money.

You missed the deadline for the club discounted tickets and BBQs. You can get one on the gate, I would contact Kev on here and see if you can try and get a ticket and BBQs through the club for less money.

Not bothered about disscount just to be with the club on the stand for the weekend

Cheers Eliot ill PM him.
Just to clarify (sorry for ging on about it) im going tobuy my tickets from the JAE ebay shop, but this does entitle me to be on the club stand etc?
Just dont want to be left high and dry on the day as its fair distance im coming from :grinning:

JAE and the MSC are seperate things, it doesn't matter how you get into JAE, you are still part of the MSC and so you are allowed on the stand

You'll be able to bring your hire car, but you will have to leave it parked up in the public car park.

You won't be able to leave it on the stand I'm afraid.

If you can't get the Yaris sorted in time, don't worry as you can park up in the public car park.

Bring over everything you need to the stand for your camping and setup in our camping area.

I know it's a bit of an inconvenience, but I had to talk John around to let me leave my leon at the back of the stand so I could gain access for all the club stuff. We really shouldn't have any non jap cars on the stand.

Kev

Thats cool just don't really want to leave the car cause it's not mine, I'm off work for a minimum of a week so it should be a problem to get the yaris back on the road

Ok I need a "if it was you" answer

On the friday night/ saturday morning of JAE I have to work, I have to start at 4am and I'll be finishing at around 7am. I'll be getting paid time and a half to sit around doing sweet fa, other than getting tired.

Now I can say no and do it another day but that's the problem it'll be during the day after I've already been at work doing 8.5hrs from midnight.

If I do blow it off I can leave and pick up Eliot on the friday and get there late afternoon/ early evening, if I go to work I'd have to leave straight after and risk being to tired to drive

I could do with the money but not bad enough to possibly risk killing myself and someone else, so for me it's really a no brainer lol

Ok I need a "if it was you" answer

On the friday night/ saturday morning of JAE I have to work, I have to start at 4am and I'll be finishing at around 7am. I'll be getting paid time and a half to sit around doing sweet fa, other than getting tired.

Now I can say no and do it another day but that's the problem it'll be during the day after I've already been at work doing 8.5hrs from midnight.

If I do blow it off I can leave and pick up Eliot on the friday and get there late afternoon/ early evening, if I go to work I'd have to leave straight after and risk being to tired to drive

I could do with the money but not bad enough to possibly risk killing myself and someone else, so for me it's really a no brainer lol

you could risk it and see if you keep being re built instead of the car like in that film :grinning:
na but you serious on this one yeh ? or just kidding :grinning:

I'm kinda serious, if it was just me in the car I think I'd risk it but cause I'm picking Eliot up I'm not sure I want to

I'm kinda serious, if it was just me in the car I think I'd risk it but cause I'm picking Eliot up I'm not sure I want to

just tell him he has to talk/nag at you all the way like a old dear on a bad night :grinning: (and record it all for the return)

Back