standard rear shocks

mullet

Ex. Club Member
as in the title what should i be looking to spend on one (either from a scrappys or new)? as mines is gubbed
what a fun way to spend my birthday :laugh:

Are you wanting the dampers only or the dampers and coils ?

I got some from the scrappers and ended up paying £10 each for them , which i didnt think was bad , but if i was you i would buy the dampers new . I priced new ones up £28 +VAT .

Mines on there way out again so im going for new this time .

Forgot to say happy birthday .

cheers for the happy birthdays :D
its just the dampers im needing and im past poor at the moment so im looking to get them as cheep as possible and as soon as :)

in theory you shouldnt be able to buy shocks from a scrappers, as there supposed to drain all fluids from the car, this includes oil in the shocks

yeh man, about a tenner each from the scrappy, and give them a good clean up and check out while you have them off.!
Happy Birthday asweel mate! :D

in theory you shouldnt be able to buy shocks from a scrappers, as there supposed to drain all fluids from the car, this includes oil in the shocks

Thats bollox mate ,never happensfwn

Although your better off buying new,2nd hand ones could be as bad as your own

Although your better off buying new,2nd hand ones could be as bad as your own

lol nah the cup at the top of the shiny pole had rusted away and was no longer there :laugh: and the one from the scrappys seems in no bad nick and hopefully ill be replacing the suspention when i have monies again :D

also would it not be safer not to drain the shocks as there a presureised unit and to drain them could cause some ammount of damage if they went bang!

Back