Spilt Oil

Krian

Fear me, for I am Onibaku
Hey, just did an oil change and typically enough managed to spill a fair bit of oil over my mums shiny new driveway :doh:

Anyone know of a good cleaner for getting engine oil out of brick and concrete?

Cheers o_O

Krian said:
Hey, just did an oil change and typically enough managed to spill a fair bit of oil over my mums shiny new driveway :doh:

Anyone know of a good cleaner for getting engine oil out of brick and concrete?

Cheers o_O

that sucks!
anyway, um not sure if this will help, but ive got some "oil cleaner/ grime remover" stuff! im not sure what its called, but it cleans off oil a treat!
ill get the name (hopefully)

paul_k10_Lx said:
soak as much as u can up with sand as it will be easier than washing it off

lol

dam! left my sand in my other pants!
(only joking)

I just get my bro and a power washer on the case, but mine needs a proper clean, moms gonna kill me

greg_k12 said:
I have been told before that coca cola can be used to clean up oil. Don't know how or why but might be worth a go!

proof that coca cola is the poison ive always told everyone it is!

greg_k12 said:
I have been told before that coca cola can be used to clean up oil. Don't know how or why but might be worth a go!

Heh, I heard the american highway police carry a couple of galons of the stuff to clean blood off the motorway.

I've put down a load of sand, i'll scrape that up in a couple of days and see what else I can do. I'd use the power washer, but the stupid neighbour would be calling thames water up before i'd even got the thing hooked up.

If you could get the name for that cleaner napster, that would be great.

i was going to say jet wash too, i hooked mine upto the hot water from the boiler just for cleaning old oil and crap off the drive way it worked ok would be even better with soap/degreaser etc..

Well as soon as the local water nazi's calm down i'll give it a go :D The hosepipe ban is a load of rubbish anyway - there losing more water through broken pipes than london actually uses, and commerical properties tend to use more water than household anyway.

Layla said:
proof that coca cola is the poison ive always told everyone it is!

Won't stop me from drinking it.

Its cheaper and seems to have less side effects when compared to other popular beverages, such as alchol. That must be a winner. :D

Yom said:
Won't stop me from drinking it.

Its cheaper and seems to have less side effects when compared to other popular beverages, such as alchol. That must be a winner. :D

coke with added lime (or rat poison) is a bigger winnder! :D

something called "solvex solution" is good for shifting oil from fabric, dont know if it would work on a driveway

greg_k12 said:

This was on Mythbusters a while ago :p

Put engine oil all over a bathroom, and Coca-Cola didn't even move it, nor did the Pepsi.

Oil cleaner brought it off a treat though!

Great show

The washing powder trick works quite well but you'll still have a stain. Best thing is one of the many driveway cleaner products. They seem to work ok.

I use some kero and I let it soak for a minute and then scrub it, soak it up with newspaper. Then I soak it again and scrub. Then you can hose it off. :)

Alienfish360 said:
This was on Mythbusters a while ago :p

Put engine oil all over a bathroom, and Coca-Cola didn't even move it, nor did the Pepsi.

Oil cleaner brought it off a treat though!

Great show

mythbusters is legendary lol! ide try the sand, clear it then jet wash with degreser in the solution pot thing that mixes with the water lol!

Back