Rules and Regs on trailing a car

yes, a jeep with a trailer on the back with my micra on it (no tax/mot/insurance)

pretty sure thats fine stani (Y)
i used to tow my stock cars and bangers on a chariot for 2 yrs, but i doubt if it was legal (because the back wheels were on the highway eh :wasntme:)

ahh well id be using a trailer where none of the micra would touch the world :p and im led to beleive that the weight of the trailer and vehicle should not be more than the vehicle pulling them??

ahh well id be using a trailer where none of the micra would touch the world :p and im led to beleive that the weight of the trailer and vehicle should not be more than the vehicle pulling them??

i think you,re allowed upto a certain weight unbraked (used to be 40% iirc) then upto another weight with a braked trailer (it should say on the vinplate, GVW gross vehicle wt/gross train wt ?)

rather than start a new thread i thought i would hijack this one.

i have a one man towing a frame, it lets me drag another car behind mine.

i have used it a lot to drag micras around which i understand is already illegal because you cant use tow aframes without a licence, because the other car is on the road it needs to be taxed MOTed etc, and the towed car cant be the same weight as the car towing...

but can anyone confirm this? because i want to drag a car from england to sweden and get away with it lol

i would guess that if the towed car is under 50% the weight of the towcar, is taxed, mot,d, insured and has a trailerboard fixed to the rear, the yes nex :)

Its down the the manufacture. My shogun is allowed to tow more than its own weight as far as Mitsubishi are concerned.

Stani, you will however need to pass a trailer test before your allowed to tow a car on a trailer.

Another useful bit of info is to COVER UP the number plates of the car on the trailer so that any cameras etc don't pick up on the plate and you then get letters saying its been on the road when it hasnt.

Back