Restoration....

Micra 110

Site Supporter
I'd like to think that most of the K10 models made would go on for ever but alas they do not. Sometimes they're scrapped because the Engine has blown up or the Gearbox is shot but as we all know the main culprit is good ol' Rust. fwn

Somewhere there is a K10 waiting to be saved from the scrapper. Waiting for that part that was so easy to fix yet the owner thought it wasn't worth it :down:

But what if they were to be restored, as in getting them back to proper working condition? Big cars are getting expensive to Tax and Insure for a lot of Drivers nowadays so more are turning to the smaller cheaper Car ie the Micra :)

Would it be worth the cost of purchase of vehicle and parts?
Would it push the price of them up or down because of the popularity?
Could the Micra have a big following again because of the 'restored'?

They are worth it imo. They're a good little Car and should be saved! :upside:

Any thoughts all? :)

micra 110

bolt on parts can be changed, but i cant understand when members say "ooh my sills are rusty" :glance: the first thing i do is punch some holes in the top of the sills and spray some 50/50 engine oil and shutz in, and behind the r1/4 cards, and the whole underneath.
i broke my old super s after 7yrs because there were so many jobs pending (2yrs of cv clicking, r/cylinders leaking, cracked screen, drinking oil etc) but the body was still solid.
if new cars are,nt being bought, then yes, people are hanging on to their cars, but dont let them rust away FFS :p

Everytime I take a part off my car (e.g. bumper, wing etc) I underseal everything before I put it back on!
Same with bolts...greasing 'em up where possible before screwing em back on, or alternatively, exchanging them for stainless ones!

I also check the sills everytime I jack it up, to make sure the underseal is still there!

I'm doing everything I can to keep the rust out. Eventually I'll get it waxoiled...

Something i learned from Napster: When you do an oil change, its a good idea to jack it up and smear some of the old oil on the sills etc (where the eye cant see) helps protect it that little bit more (Y)

Something i learned from Napster: When you do an oil change, its a good idea to jack it up and smear some of the old oil on the sills etc (where the eye cant see) helps protect it that little bit more (Y)

Easier to just get an old ford, mine just leaks oil onto the drive shafts and coats to entire underneath of the car. Fantastic!!!

I can't see the K10 being a favourable restoration seeing as you can just pick one up for a few hundred quid. Big Cars are getting expensive to tax, but new smaller economical cars are cheaper to tax than a 20 year old K10 and more economical.

Back