Questions.....

SuperUno

Buy & Sell Member
Does anyone have any pics of a Micra fitted with an OMP Roll cage ? If so do you have any pics of the mounts that you post on here.....

Also has anyone on here replaced the front cross-member with a new one ? Anyone got any pics or a guide on how to do it ?

Thanks in advance

Does anyone have any pics of a Micra fitted with an OMP Roll cage ? If so do you have any pics of the mounts that you post on here.....

Also has anyone on here replaced the front cross-member with a new one ? Anyone got any pics or a guide on how to do it ?

Thanks in advance

are you planning to do the work yourself?

i have not seen an OMP cage fitted but i have seen many micras with cages, it depends if it is bolt in or weld in and what points it makes contact with which depends on how exactly you go about installing it.

as for the crossmember, its pretty self explaintry, take the front bumper off, get your new cross member and hold it up, you will see what bits you need to detatch. you will have to drill out the spot welds to get the old one off

Anyone got any pics ?????

The cage arrived today, with a set of bonus door bars :)

Hi Matt,

I have done a few front panels, it is as easy as Nex said.

What is it you need to know about the OMP cage? Mount fitting kit should be with the cage, you will have to cut the dash a bit each side, the OMP ones are a ###### to fit I have been told!

Cheers
Peter

Like k6 said, the OMP are a b****r to fit but are strong when done. You will need to fabricate 6 box sections to go under each leg. My car has one fitted - pm me your email and i'll get some pics for you?

I just want to see where people mounted the cage feet, and and mounting they made / fitted.

Mattjo i will PM you my e-mail address - thanks

I wouldn't mind seeing how people have cut the dash - the neatest solution seems to be to pop it through the heater vents, but I'm not sure if that's possible in the Micra?

Craig

i havent seen a cut dash but i have seen plenty of people pop it through the heater vents and down through the bottom of the dash...

as for the front pannel. if someone were to remove a front pannel and then bolt a new piece in, would it be ok or would it be better to weld it in?

Its not a full cage, but a rear hoop with door bars. (It was cheap in Demon Tweeks - £50 :) !) So no worries about cutting the dash at the moment.

Thanks to Mattjo for the pics, just what i was looking for :)

BUT now another question.....

How easy / difficult is it to transfer the PAS system from a later K11 to a non PAS car ???? PAS would make the tighter parts of the tests a LOT easier to do. So worth the work, extra work, & power loss. Has anyone fitted a PAS rack but used a electric pump like off a Saxo ?????

Your best bet would be to get everything off of a donor micra, then you know it will all fit and work as it should.

OK, anyone on here done the swap ?

Also another question....

I will need a electric signal to feed a trip meter, am i right in thinking that the pre-facelift K11's have an electric feed to the speedo ? Although it is a mechanical cable out of the gearbox. If so where is the sender for the speedo electric signal ?

I will need a electric signal to feed a trip meter, am i right in thinking that the pre-facelift K11's have an electric feed to the speedo ? Although it is a mechanical cable out of the gearbox. If so where is the sender for the speedo electric signal ?

matt, autodata has the speed sensor wire going from the dash to the ecu as yellow/blue :)
(non electronic speedo)

Back