Problems With Power During First Mile

Alright everyone I'm new here so I'm not sure how this works! I have a Y reg 1.0L micra. When I start the car I have real problems accelerating for the first mile or so. It struggles to get above 20mph! Sometimes I can here a "popping" sound. When I reach 30 after a few seconds all normality resumes and everything is fine. It's more of a problem when the car hasn't been started overnight. RAC guy who helped me out once mentioned that the air intake into the engine could be broke? So that its not measuring how much air the engine needs to combust the fuel...anyway I don't have a clue, I've already spent about 300 quid getting it to an okay state. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Not a mechanic or someone with a great knowledge... It might be the throttle body... Re-soldering is quite easy to do...:blush:

If its a Y reg then chances are its a coilpack engine, therefore the throttle body cannot be resoldered.

I would clean the MAF first and see what happens. If problem persists then I would replace it from one from Ebay.

Is it showing any fault codes?

By the MAF do you mean the mass air flow sensor? On the dashboard its coming up with an engine fault like an orange shape, that has been there before the problem though.

Back