plastic windows

R

RIK

i want some.and have mailed a couple of places for more info for fitting to a micra
but does anyone know owt about them? and does anyone know a place that makes them?

cheers

Try rally nuts - they don't list many micra parts but while i was on the phone the chap was helpful enough to check what OMP parts they can get.

Maybe it's a custom job....

just got this reply "Firstly we would need you to send over dimensioned drawings of the shapes that
you require to ensure that we can do this for you."

so does anyone have the proper dimensions for the k12 windows?
i think its impossible to do them myself!

I'd love to get some plastic/perspex windows but I'm not sure if they're legal! :( Can't find anything in the modification guidelines about it. Bummer.

They are a great way to lower the centre of gravity and ditch a bit of weight though. I imagine they would scratch quite easily though. :(

Yom said:
I'd love to get some plastic/perspex windows but I'm not sure if they're legal! :( Can't find anything in the modification guidelines about it. Bummer.

They are a great way to lower the centre of gravity and ditch a bit of weight though. I imagine they would scratch quite easily though. :(

they are pretty good for scratches tbh..and they are clearer and stronger than glass

well they just said they can only suply flat sheet..they cant copy my windows that follow the lines of the car.

do you think they will look crap?

from this place> http://www.gcip.co.uk/FAB/boat_car_windows.htm

was in relation to Yom's post I just cba quoting it =/

surely there's other stuff you can remove to save the weight before going for perspex windows?

Alienfish360 said:

surely there's other stuff you can remove to save the weight before going for perspex windows?

yeah..but these are easy and wont change the look much..

i can remove air-con,airbags,door cards for carbon firbre and that

im just looking into things and getting prices as i think of them. :)

Fordy said:
what about getting rid of the 1 inch think sound deadening foam layer from the floor ?

i noticed that wen it soaked up the water from my leak lol..probly still damp..yeah that will come out and i may have a carbon floor :eek:

Alienfish360 said:

Well for K11 owners who want to keep some degree of refinement and practicality I think perspex side windows would be a good way to loose a few KG. Every little bit counts!

Doesn't it beachman? :p

Back