On the Vinegar

superls

K10 Tuner
= on the money

hi all.

my k10 seems to have a sweet spot at about 3.5k rpm and about 2/3 throttle where it starts to pull hard theres a definate change in power and acceleration, im assuming this is when the vacuum operated flap opens in the carb?

but the reason i ask is im not sure, i thinking if its not normal it could be something like the jets associated with the primary flap may be blocked or worn etc?

ive had a couple of carbs on and they all have similar outcomes, but having never drove another k10 i cant compare it to anything else.

has anyone else noticed this? i kind of like it, a bit like turbo lag, lol

I've noticed something similar, a definite pick up but it doesn't last long.

It could be an early version of VTEC in disguise :eek:

Yes, it is the carb. The effects are even more noticeable with dual barrel carburettors that have a curved lever arm for opening the second throttle instead of using the underpressure.

yep same here love it when you can get it when it just keeps on pulling away like a tractor on steroids(at least mine seems to)

steve

i find it most noticeable in 3rd floor it and wait.....then vroom just keeps going round to 70 :) my mate thought the car had a turbo the way it kicked in and the fact my rev counter looks like a boost gauge

Back