O-ringed block

Semi specilist. You can DIY but it can go horribly wrong. There are many options and it depends on what headgasket your using as to weather the benefits will be worth it. Its one of those things that some tuners sware by and get big powers and others dont and still get big powers.

Ed

Generally it is more suited to high power turbo cars, or very high comp N/A. In anycase its just a method to try and increase the sealing between the head and the block.

lol :) You can get an tool that scores a groove around the deck of the bores. You then typically use welding wire or such to make the O ring from, this then gets sandwiched between the headgasket and the block.

Micras, K11 especially do not as far as I'm aware have issues with failing headgaskets. On this basis I would say its not necessary, it does also mean from this point on that the block must be o-ringed as you cannot really go back to normal after cutting the grooves.

Ed

I think that it would be good if boosting above 1bar as I have heard of std hgaskets going then, it is more of a mod to do to a tubro car?

Blocks are normally only o-ringed after a conventional and uprated headgasket has blown. I don't think Nissan's type of headgasket would work well with it, so you would most likely need a copper one.

I was intending on using thios with a copper/metal hgasket, not too sure it is really neccessary, just didn't want t blow an expensive engine really

Back