Next K10 drag challenge? + increasing battery size for sound system?

pietro

Ex. Club Member
When is the next drag strip meet?

Also my battery can't supply enough power to my sound system, is a battery upgrade in order, of so which one fits?

Thanks all!

How much power are you running? I have three amps and two bigish subs and it's fine - and thats a standard battery too!

i just fitted a halfords heavy duty bat in my old k10 and that never let me down could leave the sound system up full blast for 2 hours and the car would still start first time

im running 1800 watts and its ok unless its right up then it starts to drain the battery slowly, why have a bigger battery if the alternator cant cope?

try using a leisure battery on a secondary hook up under the car.....in parralell to the starting battery... they can run 1000amps for 1 hr (wich is a caravan for a week) and are £75....

antony_aiken said:
try using a leisure battery on a secondary hook up under the car.....in parralell to the starting battery... they can run 1000amps for 1 hr (wich is a caravan for a week) and are £75....

Thats totally incorrect.

Typically the largest leisure battery you can get is 110Ah. These are physically pretty large. 110Ah is their 20hr rate. This means if you draw 5.5Amps the battery will be flat in 20 hrs time. (5.5x20=110) If you draw say 11amps (double the 20hr rate) the battery will not last 10 hours, it will last less. (due to internall resistance)
If you tried to draw 110Ah, it would probably last say 45-50 mins or so. I know a fair amount about these batteries. I have three of them on my solar system.

Ed

I reccon "1000" was an accidental typo error (an extra zero)...should have been "100"?

Caravan for a week is a tad optamistic but is still feasible... if the caravan only had a 7-Watt bub wired in and nowt else..;-S

3 of them is enough for running house lights for a week (almost!!) lol - energy saving ones however. :)

Thanks for advice guys... I run a bass box with built in amp, 2x 6c9's and two 5 inch door speakers. Must be my radio that can't cope!

Also when is next meet at the Pod?

Back