My micra

B

blobbletec

can the mods move this to the blog section please..

Hi all, new to this forum, been into cars forever, recentley picked this beauty up for £200 with 12 months tax and test..bargain me thinks.. ita a 1000cc and claims to be a hollywood edition whatever that means..!

How i got it..

2vubhh4.jpg

14ca7f4.jpg

2ewctc4.jpg

2zsy546.jpg

A few dents here and there worst being the passenger door and passenger wing suffering from lacquer peel..

Some wheels a bit of lowering and some negative camber later..

2qcpm4n.jpg

2e17p61.jpg

11l1j7p.jpg

30hv4g4.jpg

2lbmfsz.jpg

I'm a massive believer in less is more..

What do ya think..(Y)

Thanks for the positive comments peeps.. think the next mod is going to be a bit more lowering.. just another inch or two.. have some fender mirrors to fit as well but need some modifying before i fit them..:p

Nice car, I love the pre-facelift K11s. Keep us updated (Y).

Whoops, driving home from work the other day and BANG went the gearbox. gears and bits all over the road,, oh well good job theres a few in a scrappy near me..

Had a bit of an adventure to the local (25 miles away) scrapyard this morning harbury lane near leamington, they had 5 micras in stock 4 facelift 51 platers and a older 1995 'm' plate its one of them old style help yourself scrappyards, this is the one i raped of parts

2ahkxy.jpg

Actually looked in really good condition, shame really but oh well more spares for me..

Removed the gearbox and it fought me all the way out not wanting to come off the locating dowels but i got there in the end..

as it was an lx model it held a few goodies for my pov spec model

Including some nice sunvisors with mirrors

30j2nhe.jpg

And a speedo with trip meter and a clock..! and it has 5000 less miles than mine on it..

2gwvmlw.jpg

Whoops..!

2ly52rq.jpg

so with all this lot in the boot and £70 lighter.. i returned home and removed the broken gearbox once removed it was found that the diff bearings had failed, then causing the driveshaft end to snap off in the gearbox.. so back to the scrapyard to remove the driveshaft from the donor.. then it got dark and cold so i went in and called it a day.. more tomorrow..

well done! (Y) how much do you think they paid for that car?
it really annoys me the prices they charge for parts off a potentially useless car. grr

probably a scrappage scheme fatality.. but if it wasn't for scrap cars we would have little or no parts, there was even one in there with aircon fitted, hmm wonder if i can make it fit mine..! and at least other micra's can live another day.. :grinning:

Gearbox and driveshaft fitted today so no more driving my petrol hungry opel for a while i hope.. fitted the speedo i got but now i have no speedo illumination..? hmm job for another day me thinks..:eek:

Back