my micra is misfiring

new to the form bought a nissan micra y reg 2001 plate last week car was running fine but is now missfiring at start of rev range.

Basically when i press the accelorator pedal the car hesitate and take ages to build up speed.

i changed battery and plugs still no joy.

Ok guys changed plugs, bought new battery; I have bought new fuel filter oil filter and new oil.

I have fitted new battery and also put new plugs in, car is still hesitating.

I was having a look at afm and I unplugged the connector under the airbox as if you where looking at it from driver side wing, took the car for a spin and the car was back to normal the car is £2001 y reg does this require a new afm or can it be soldered from the tutorial I have seen.

I also checked alternator 12v when off and with engine on 14.5v so alternator Is charging.

Any help would be great.

John

abyss, have you checked for any fault codes ? yours should be the full eobd system, which should pinpoint your problem and save you from buying many unnecessary parts :)

got a full set of coilpacks for one of these, i know when the airflow meter / throttle body went on mine it was cutting out when approaching a junction or sharp turn ie roundabout

Back