MSC vs Saxo Sports Club in '06

Would you be interested in running in a MSC vs SSC event?

• Total voters

James

Chairman
Real simple poll this, who wants to participate?

The event/location is yet to be decided as of yet, but at the moment its swaying towards a track day sometime after May '06.

Only tick one of the yes boxes if you are definately up for this!

James :)

If its a public event such as santa pod run what ya brung then there'd be no reason why you couldnt bring the mera and the mini! If its a hired trackday round a circuit or something then it would probably just me Micras and Saxos only!

Dont forget Hughes, its not just about the CG13! the K10 and K12 are invited too :)

micra man said:
Would be up for this for a laugh, can't see it happening also though. :)
The event or the beating a VTS? Cos the SSC are already almost booking it! It's all down to us!

Arnold said:
Dont forget Hughes, its not just about the CG13! the K10 and K12 are invited too :)

yeah i know but many people want to see if the cg13 tuned can beat the vts also i think the 160sr and C2 vts may battle it out

I still don't think we're comparing like with like anyway, the VTS is after all a 1.6, we would have better luck against their 1.4i's - both tuned and normal. (In fact the quoted BHP for the 1.4 is 75bhp)

To be honest I don't think the cg13's stand a chance against the VTS. Its also hardly fair to run a tuned micra against a standard VTS, and I can't see there been many standard VTS's in that club. N/A k10's only really stand a chance against the 1.1, and possibly the 1.4's, so it seems a bit like we are setting ourselves up for defeat. I think that corsa sport would be a better competition as Vauxhall and Nissan have similar sized engine cars which instantly makes it fairer. Also allows for more competitions such as standard 1.2's running together, tuned 1.2's running together. k12's and Corsa C's, 1.3 SS/SR against corsa 1.4's/GSi's etc, and also a bit of 2.0l fun lol. :p

James said:
I still think 1.3 K11 vs 1.4 Saxo is a good one :)

Yes. Good point.

I think it would also be fun against some of the Corsa boys, but imo its full of chavs and would never get off the ground. And also - all the K11's that will be going up against the Saxo's will be tuned. If any of the Saxo's are tuned, we'd lose!!! No question!

And there is NO way in hell a tuned K11 will beat a Standard VTS. No way.
Titch :kungfu:

Just depends Titch, as if its very highly tuned it may do.

However many of the corsa lads are ok and I reckon alot of them would be up for it. I'm actually signed up on the site and they are all ok with me, infact very friendly and welcoming. I think its just a reputation they have cos of the few that are chavs, but many of them are just like us who have a keen interest in their cars. :)

A tuned K11 could do it. The one Ed is working on and Joanne's red thing shouldnt have any problems with a standard VTS!

a very tuned k11 would beat a standard vts, but mod that vts and no chance.

i'd be up for this only a 1/4 mile tho won't have the whiteline bits on by then :(

:)

Are we talking N/A here or not?? Cos once again then it comes back to it been fair lol. I don't know much about saxo's but I reckon its much easier to turbo and tune a 1.6VTS to get it too 200BHP, than it is to do the same to a micra. :) Otherwise it aint really fair is it??

James said:
And thats N/A Dan ;)

130 brakle N/A? No danger! Unless you have something thats not been done before - i'm very sceptable (sp?) about that.

Even so - a Vts would still have a Micra. Standard.
Sorry - but in my book there is no competition!

And jo's don't count as its turbo'd!

Never seen it done N/A before I don't think, but I'm guessing Ed's working on it with you, so will wait and see. I reckon it will take alot of work though.

Yes I do actually Dan :p :D it's the one all the stuff's being fitted to.

Only £40 too with less than 40k on the clock, bargain!

yeah,,but ther not going to fetch just vts's,,,i think ther wil be summat for everyone,

ther wil be alot of tuned vts turning up all set up for track ,,lmao

you know where i stand on this :D

It'll be tuned and currently is whitelined......not saying i'll win but worth a bloody good try..lol

Leda. The make of my coilovers! Will be dropped 135mm with Dampers set to hardest. No body roll atall!

:kungfu:

Titch said:
Jst noticed this - wheres my Best in show bit dissapeard to?

You probably removed it when you were completely wrecked, u just dont remember ;)

just thought i would add that this doesnt mean the micra is better than the saxo, its fair enough to say that yeah well if i do all this work to my 1.3 micra it will have your standard saxo but then if the saxo owner had all that work done the micra wouldnt come close so its not liek for liek

count me in by the time im finished with this super s it will handle like its on rails!!! its all about keeping speed in the corners :D

Arnold said:
If its a public event such as santa pod run what ya brung then there'd be no reason why you couldnt bring the mera and the mini! If its a hired trackday round a circuit or something then it would probably just me Micras and Saxos only!

i think if your a payed up member you can come and join the fun..the ssc are doing the same

and srmicra boy ,spends alot of time on the msc we all know hes not an outsider lol

Back