MSC Memories

That brings back some memories.
Bet not many people here knew that I used to be an MSC mod (a very strict one) lol

Good to see how things have changed, hopefully for the better!Bet some people have got some good old memories

I'm with mark i liked the MSC back then. Dont get me wrong the mods are still doing a great job now. I guess we are creatures of habit. Reminds me of when i first got my k11. *sigh*

i must admit i do like the old style. I like the idea of having a normal homepage with links to history, gallerys etc etc and then into the forums.

But times change.

fourm and sites are really hard to intergrate, there is alot that is missing from the MSC now, but as nice as the old site looks now, the main site itself was very poor only for the reason no one ever looked at it! and so nothing was ever updated!! IMO the MSC was its best in the oldold days haha retro style hand coded etc... oh the memories of fixing broken links etc... hahahah.

MSC should have a main page again, it does make it more of a club and not just a forum. details of meets and other things could be listed on there and pictures of members cars and details.

and then the forum would be part of the site and not as it is now where the forum is the site.

wont work, been there tried it many times. Its impossible to manage. The best way is to cusomuse forums so they become a site.. that IS slowly happening.

Ed said:
fourm and sites are really hard to intergrate, there is alot that is missing from the MSC now, but as nice as the old site looks now, the main site itself was very poor only for the reason no one ever looked at it! and so nothing was ever updated!! IMO the MSC was its best in the oldold days haha retro style hand coded etc... oh the memories of fixing broken links etc... hahahah.

haha lol I remember my old section and when we both created a lot of those sites in dreamweaver! remember the god damn annoying sycronisation (sp) when it kept dropping grrr! lol

IMO the MSC is best now :p everything is working as it should which never happened in the older days in terms of membership and many more issues, the MSC is certainly heading in a very positive direction and I have full faith in James creating a very informative and well structured site / forum.....people just have to bare with us whilst this is being created.

Kev :)

Speaking of which, i've been very busy converting a certain useful feature from the old forum that never got finished... Here's a couple of previews of it running on a test vBulletin installation...

Attachments

• preview1.jpg
    preview1.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 128
  • preview2.jpg
    preview2.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 129
Back