Is this any use to anyone?

Attachments

• ST1.jpg
    ST1.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 267
  • ST2.jpg
    ST2.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 250
It's not in my posession but I can get it if need be, it won't be cheap as it's still in Japan. But it's there if someone wants it. it includes everything in the pictures turbo s/c etc but no control units or anything like that.

Surely this will sell quickly!! An ST engine is as rare as Mark and Rik not fighting.

Good luck with sale :)

£1000 If any one wants it I need to know tonight or it's going to Australia. It's covered 74k km and was in good working order when removed, it does not include the loom or ecu or gearbox, if you wanted to run this you would probably be best to get an aftermarket ems with loom. i'm not sure what boxes will fit.

Cheers

Amy

Ok thats fairly expensive for a 74Km, but depends how much you want one really. It would be ok if it was less miles and with loom/ecu. Is the intercooler included in this or simply what is seen there, and does that include all taxes etc and door to door delievery?

Yeah that's everything included in getting it to my yard. it includes everything seen in the picture I would imagine anyone fitting this into a K10 would be using a front mount so there is no real need for an intercooler.
You might think it's expensive, but it is soo expensive to get it shipped here and I have to have it transported within Japan then pay taxes etc. 74km is only 45k miles as I'm sure you know Ed, I didn't think that is too bad, I have seen ST's in auction with 170+k and the mechanical report is usually still great on them. What is the mileage on you ST's Ed? Just out of interest, have you had any problems with it? they seem to be a tough little engine considering what is asked of them.

Too much for me then lol. Will leave it for now.

That's Ok Micraman, I wanted to post up just in case, anyone badly needed or wanted it, to be honest I would sort of rather no one bought it because it means a lot of hassle for me.

Yeah, would have seriously considered it if it was a bit cheaper but can't afford that kinda cash at the moment. What costs the most, all the import taxes and such like??

Shipping is the biggest killer, the cheapest way to do it is to get a container full, but bearing mind a container alone will cost just over 9k in shipping costs, so you really have to fill it to get your moneys worth. It costs money to have it delivered within Japan and then I have to pick it up from the docks and clear it through customs etc etc

So so true, its why stuff that is actually quite cheap gets very expensive. Both ST engiens I had have had one had 37Km on it and the other 54Km. The first failed at 90K miles, but would have gone on more (ancillary failure) the second is still going fine, but I'm considering rebuild soon, to assess how it well it does cope with so much power..

The trouble is in any case with this engine is front mount will add alot to the cost, and an aftermarket ecu will need alot in the way of programmable outputs to control the supercharger valves correctly, another thing no one in the uk (other than perhaps myself - not meaning to sound too bigheaded) will proably know under what conditions what should be doing what add that to the cost of an ecu and gearbox and youll be way passed £2.5-3K

Back