M.O.T Failure?

Tom 1.0

Ex. Club Member
would my car fail its M.O.T or get tugged for having the wheels spaced out like this?

P8030010.jpg

i'm not too sure, if its a possibility i will just have to wait to get arches lol

thanks guys,

maybe, im not 100% sure, why not get your arches rolled pulled and flaired? cheaper than new arches and getting them sprayed etc.

You'll be getting pulled for that, the top of the wheel must be inside the arch. My boss got in trouble with the law cos his wheels were flush with the arches (well a couple of mm outside) so that's definitely illegal

is that it jacked up still ? cos it might fit further in once its back on the ground...or as frank has said NEG IT.... :D

youd either open out the bolt holes, like frank has done or you could buy whiteline camber bolts, which are effectively bolts with a hump :D

how much are the bolts though?

i mean what benefit would i get apart from massively uneven tyre wear lol

Attachments

• hP1110232 (2).JPG
    hP1110232 (2).JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 123
  • hP1110447.JPG
    hP1110447.JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 141
blimey,

thanks Frank,

but then again, same problem, would this car pass the MOT if i cambered the wheels enough to hide the top of the tyre in the arch...

You only need to cover the tread of the tyres and not the complete wheel, as they are only sticking out slightly you may get away fitting the nissan overfender kit to give you the extra few mm you need.

well if i can get another job or money for my bday ( after renewing my insurance 870 ####ing quid of it ) i was hoping to buy some JDM arches from Kristian, but the way my money is going :( its not going to happen

The bolt prices you'd have to look up, as its been awhile since i bought mine...

ollyc98 depends how much you have vs type of tyre...a higher side wall tyre will adjust more to the camber than say a lower profile tyre...from my experience, going from the two types of alloys/tyres i have.

kanagawa05-137.jpg

this is the final sort of look i would love to achieve with my car at least for the next few months,

but as i cant quitre afford a set of deep dish'd Borbets or even banded steelies :(

i think i will try to get the arches form krisitan in a few months if he still has them... which is defo no bad thing!

###### the stupid bloody MOT

depending how wide your current wheels are, the only way you'd get a look like that (while saving some money) is from fitting thinner tyres....which from looking at your pic again would still probs take some doing. :)

cant get much thinner than those!

lol i think i will hold out until i can get the arches, just a bit gutted really :( would have look awesome with the sheels i am trying to sell :(

bloody nursery laying me off lol has really f'd up my plans with this car,

do you know any decent / not massively expensive brands who do dished wheels? i know the ones you have on your beast are worth more than my liver....

do you know any decent / not massively expensive brands who do dished wheels? i know the ones you have on your beast are worth more than my liver....

lol, Unfortunatly...most seem to be pricey, you either have to suffer the cost or get lucky (which is what happened with mine, I was just in the right place at the right time.)

I did have a list of wheel manufacturers...but dont know what ive done with it.

i know,

i keep finding alot that are decently priced, lots of Borbt wheels in need of refurbing... but for corsa's and i know dishes are part of the vdub scene, but i dint realise there was absolutely nothing really affordable for 4x100 micras :(

i know that brand are incredibly expensive but i cant even find "reasonable" ( under £400 including tyres ) anwhere...

i mean would it be possile to strech say, 175's over a 185 rim?

thanks for the pointers though solarice,

you didnt want to buy any spacers did you? :p

Ive nearly sorted all my spacers :) what are they btw? lol.

Yeah 4x100 is a price hiker...tbh i nearly went with hub adapters to make the ae86 etc wheel fitments possible, cos you can get stuff pretty cheap in comparison.

A stretch that much wouldnt be noticeable imo (virtually the same as mine tbh...ive got a 185 on a 7j iirc), but its easily dooable.... http://www.tyrestretch.com/index.php is a good site for seeing whats what, providing theres a pic up lol.

lol i have no idea what "brand" they are, just that they are 35mm and they do a lot more than i thought they would lol my mates track car has 25mm (its a KA :( ) and they look like nothing compared to these!

yeah i dont get why it is such a pain on prices,

but i suppose there is not much of a market for our little micras over here really so they can get away with charging what they want... :(

well i'm only thinking that because i have found a tasty set of almera/primera wheels, so if i could strech a smaller set over them i could space them and still pass the MOT....

i was also thinking, would it be possible to fit like BMW E30's bbs style wheels to a micra with a bit of work?

all theoretical at the moment though lol

thanks for your help mate (Y)

Im after 20mm ones for the back, but i think ive sorted these now :)

Yeah theres a good bit of stretch you can get away with upto a point...after thats its a bit dodgy. In theory any wheel can be fitted imo...just depends which way you go about it :D

cool cool :)

be good to see yours completely finished, i still cant quite believe how good yours looks,

bet your dying to finish a complete map now right?

yeah i wouldnt want to go too extreme, especaily as my old man is currently a shift SGT on the the "intercepters"... could be rather embarressing for him and me if i were to get pulled for it :(

just wished that i could sort out what i'm doing with this car, i dont want to do a napster, but i dont want it to become something that i just throw money at and never finish, but i think some subtle streched tyres on some nice 14" sunny wheels, got it wrong a minute ago, could work quite well.

i will have to have a look after i sprt my insurance out...

thanks for all your help solarice,

Tom

Ask your dad to find out if it is the tyre or wheel that has to be within the wheelarch. I came across a thread where someone got pulled and booked for having protruding wheels and he said they ignored the tyre and only measured the wheel.

Back