Look what I woke up to

T

TheDaddy

med_1149233952-DSC00229.JPG

med_1149233985-DSC00230.JPG

med_1149233998-DSC00231.JPG

Sony head unit taken, IR remote for it and the leads to make it work with my steering wheel controls.

Gutted :( :( :(

Na, it's only an entry alarm as because it was dead locked the alarm did not go.

The police have said there was 5 other done nearby last nigh, inc a 55 plate golf in my road, same style break in and no alarm gone off

No :( my fault I know

Not sure if that would have stopped them, the nicked a sat nav holder from the golf

ooh god I never take my face off the cd player thinking ah it will be ok...let this be a lesson to us none face takerofferers to start taking our faces off!

Unlucky m8 they are the worse than scum they are the plancton at the bottom of a pond! fwn

My sat nav holder is £80 as it has GPS built in. Definitly worth stealing in the eyes of a criminal.

Sorry to hear that tho, absolute skum like James said :(

Maybe, they left loads of cds in both cars I have seen.

Luckly, it is only costing me £78 for a new window to be tinted and fitted this afternoon and that is not through the insurance.

Someone on another site has just said

all you can do is hope that the drugs they buy are cut with some evil ####e

Makes me feel a little better thinking about that

I was thinking you were gonna show a pic of a gorgeous lass, that sucks.
Remember when I was broke into, glad to say face was off and sub and amp was bolted to a false floor.

Not showing a pic of my wife, sorry ;)

Sub still there, great thing about dead locking

Least it was only the window, they ripped the lock off my door, that didn't work so then they smashed a window!

Sure you don't wanna show ya wife off? lol

Unlucky mate, since my bro got his headunit nicked a while back, i took the face of my headunit everywhere with me

I normally take the front off when I go shopped etc, but not at home. It's a really small close

Really sorry to hear that, but it can be sorted easy. I always take my headunit face off and take it with me no matter where I go.

Also heard alot of people are now breaking into cars if they see the holder that goes onto the window for Sat Nav as they chance it being in the glove box.

TheDaddy said:
I normally take the front off when I go shopped etc, but not at home. It's a really small close

Just a thought - Do you live in one of the newly built housing estates where all the houses look the same ?

maybe they are targeting them as lots of young people move into them as a 1st house and so they thing they are more likely to have all the new gadgets and stuff in their cars (I.e. CD players and sat nav) than the average person / oldie :)

Sort of, but it's quite posh really. I feel almost out of place :glare:

Gemma85 said:
ooh god I never take my face off the cd player thinking ah it will be ok...let this be a lesson to us none face takerofferers to start taking our faces off!

Unlucky m8 they are the worse than scum they are the plancton at the bottom of a pond! fwn

at least plankton dont nick ppls cd-players! ;) jks

bad luck tho :( its awful..

and about them nicking things like holders: some theifs would steal your turd if you didnt flush it down the bog.

rlees85 said:
some theifs would steal your turd if you didnt flush it down the bog.

hahahaha a just burnt me lap when a spilt me tea reading that, its true like - touch wood a havent had any bother up to yet but i live in a rough estate and i think they tend to go outside to do their business lol

I live on sheppey.....enough said....never had family house or car broken into after living there for 21 years :D

Would have offered 2 give you an old JVC head unit I had laying around but gave it to my bro a few weeks ago. I honestly would have given it to ya, shame really. Never like 2 see a fellow micra lover seeing their pride and joy hurt!!!

Demarest said:
A sat nav holder? theives will take anything

arnt the holders expensive tho?

too true, some creten once knicked some handle bar grips off my push bike!

this will be a harsh lesson to remind u, to take the face off your head unit, it only takes someone 30 secs to smash window and rip it out. Easy drug money for them!

Demarest said:
A sat nav holder? theives will take anything

arnt the holders expensive tho?

its because the next one the break into they ite only get the sat nav and not have time to get the holder if they get chased....

im thinking of getting a really good HU next month but this puts me off when i hear these things

And at the right price. My HU was £300 6 months ago, I bet they got £25 down the pub

i hardly ever lock my car at night but then i only have 6 neighbours with in a mile

RIK said:
they sell stuff worth buying

yes of course, i can see it now:

FS: Nicked! Head-Unit, few scuffs on the front where i had to force it out the car, random wires hanging out back.

Specs: Dont know, was robbed fresh from a fiesta.

rlees85 said:
yes of course, i can see it now:

FS: Nicked! Head-Unit, few scuffs on the front where i had to force it out the car, random wires hanging out back.

Specs: Dont know, was robbed fresh from a fiesta.

like said above...they dont have to get a good price because it hasnt cost them owt! and they dont nick any old crap.only nice new sony head units and things

my brother had his vectra broken into right outside his work gate just to steal a crappy 40quid cd player, my sisters car was also broken into on the same day within a mile of where my brothers car was.

luckily my micra has never been bothered(touch wood) the local scum know its alarmed around here plus i have a big nasty german shepherd they know about, my area is probably a medium risk area, unlike goldstar's mega high risk area :p:p

the best way to stop a theif from stealing your head unit, is to have a blanking plate instead of a head unit...and have your real head unit under the passenger seat....thats what i did in my 309...i had the 1980's tape deck in the dash....and a £500 Nakamichi CD400 under the seat...lol...and cos it had a remot i could still use it....

sorry to hear that mate.....ps your gona have to change your signature!

That's a shame mate. I don't take my headunit off at home but i do everywhere else. Just remember, if your a thief with a desperation for your next fix you'll steal anythin, whether it's valuable or not. I hope the police will find somethin to catch the low lifes, surely glass breaking isn't exactly quiet so someone must have seen somethin!!

Make sure you clean the car out spotless, don't want you or your wife cutting youself on the shards of glass. They get everywhere.

Well, we are gutted. My next door neighbour is a police man and even he did not hear anything. The tints mights have stopped it making loads of noise.

The police have taken the window away as 65% was still in one bit.

The other thing, they have taken the cage as well and all the leads inc the £30 connector to make it work with the ford steering wheel controls.

Had the window replaced on Friday, they guy tinted it and them came and fitted it for me, he also hoovered the whole car for me.

Now looking into what someone said above about having the HU under the seat

Not good man, eve get on of the stereos that fold away? Even if they are stolen they are coded and therfore useless. But bastards all the same, hope you get some sort of compensation :)

I hope so too. We have been told that if they get them to pay compo it would probably only be about £1 a week :( chances are they are on the dole and that's their only income in the eyes of the law :( It's a sick world we live in

Back