K11 carbon roof skin

NeX

You're after my robot bee
Club Member
As the title says K11 carbon roof skin, anyone interested?

The prices below are if we can get an order of 10 as he will then do the mould for free if not then its £650 on top for the mould.

Roof showing weave £499.38

Not showing the weave £381.88

And these inc VAT.

What do you think?

it would add weight! unless of course your planning to cut the roof off your micra and bond it on!
nex mate you obviously have far too much money (have you got a sideline robbing banks?)
if your gonna go down the carbon route, doors and tailgate would be far cooler in my opinion and save loads of weight plus carbon front wings and bumpers now that would make sense to me (Y)

plus i was at a pug rolling road day on saturday and there was a civic with a carbon roof cover , i have too say it wasnt very nice it had carbon weave showing but the gelcoat finish was very uneven and i bet he paid more than your quoting have you seen the quality of the product this person is supplying?

im confused - so for the 381 not showing weave you get a second roof skin?

and for 500 quid you get a second roof skin, thats black?

and most of your strength gone! you will have to make sure that the carbon roof is up to the job and so is the adhesive you use to bond it on! or youll just end up with a micra with the strength of a paper bag and a large bill

carbon roofs are normally used in conjunction with a full welded rollcage making the whole car alot stronger
the roof is only 1mm/2mm sheet steel anyway so depending on the thickness of the carbon fibre it could be stronger

alchemyst

there,s no strength in the skin or stiffeners (they just stop it from doin a biscuit tin lid), the strength is in the cant rails, which you obviously leave on

the existing roof would be removed, the point is you want weight as low as possible so even if there isn't much weight on the roof it would be multiplied by the distance from the wheels, and the roof is the furthest from the wheels,

it would lower the centre of gravity which would improve handling.

its not for show, this is a performance mod and you pay for what you get.

The weight of a micra roof is miniscule in comparison to that of a boot or door..

Bonnets weigh more..

If you have a sunroof, then this is heavier obviously.. but in my opinion.. plugging the sunroof with a fibreglass plug would be much cheaper and give you the same gain..

Its not worth the loss of integrity.. Which there WOULD BE, with out a welded in cage..

A carbon bonnet or tailgate would be much better.. in every way..

but by swapping original roof for a carbon roof to save weight....you then gain some back with a roll cage???

ok so the roll cage is a definate for a fast track car etc....but all that time, effort and money swapping roofs and re-inforcing it........to actually have around the same weight as before??

agreed it would look awesome with a carbon bonnet ;)

i guess a standard roof with a roll cage is more than carbon roof with roll cage and your losing weight and strengthening it at the same time........ok

so in short, no body wants a carbon roof, throw that mould away and get some moulds together for bonnets,wings and tailgates, if not im going to see how much it is to get this up and running and sell them myself, have you lot seen the carbon available for civics, amazing array of products for not much money, and who cares if it doesnt look flawless, it weighs bucket loads less and still looks the mutz nutz,its carbon for #### sake, black gold, on your car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back