Injector information

micra_pete

Ex. Club Member
please take these with a slight pinch of salt, as opinions on these do differ

cg13 - 148cc/min - common belief is 135, which may be correct, however i have it on good authority from someone with links to nissan in japan they are 148cc/min
GA15 - 185cc/min
GA16 - 198cc/min

max bhp should be around these figures

CG13 - 148cc/min - 120bhp
GA15 - 185cc/min - 140bhp
GA16 - 198cc/min - 150bhp odd

I always believed that the injector size / flow was roughly related to the amount of horsepower it can handle. Ie a 320cc injector would be able to cope with around 300ish horsepower tops. So those figures look pretty realistic.

yep, not arguing with that dave, as i say, it could be wrong, i was told myself here by nissan 135cc/min some time ago, nissan japan say 148cc/min,

i was under the impression that the 1.3 injectors were 155cc no idea where i heard that then and yeah pretty sure the 1.6 ones are 198cc

The max power of injectors per cc is not really 1bhp/cc examples: ST was maxing out its 255cc injectors and making about 170hp. A pulsar gets to about 85% on 770cc injectors to make 400-430bhp, and maxes around 320bhp on standard 440's (most push these too far). Allens Evo on power FC made 560bhp~ on 1000cc injectors at around 85-90%, we actually maxed these out under some conditions. Most turbos run too rich, but the above are proven examples at least of my experience, and as have been said may vary depending on fuel rail pressure engine RPM and efficiency + a million other things.

No, after looking at the durations recorded (ms) it turned out to be the e-manage software, craigs was the first i saw this with, I have had several (it was random between cars) since but its now not a problem as the software has been updated.

when running ur injectors is it possible to have too much fuell pressure going through them? will this make the car run rich jus having the pressure to high ?

stephen

I have access at work to an ASNU machine, and fairly shortly, a spare CG13DE. I will flow the stock CG13 injectors and so we can lay the rumors to bed with some real confirmation :)

pete's first post says different, but there is no solid information to prove it eitherway i suppose. I would guess no though as the 1.6 engine can exceede that the CG13 injectors can do, powerwise.

I know this is a very old thread...but just thought id comment on my mapping experience based on the two different cc/min figures for the cg13 injectors.

Using the emanage with a totally blank table and using just the injector adjustment table (having fitted ga16 injectors) with the previous injector rate set to 135 cc/min it ran very rough and eventually read very lean at idle...I then changed the settings to 148 cc/min and the car ran more like stock and was virtually spot on 14.7 AFR at idle and during driving its was similar to stock aswell. Mostly it being only slightly rich.

In comparision setting the emanage to use the GA16 injectors as if they were stock...so no adjustment made -- if that makes sense, causes loads of overfueling (which is as youd expect).

Now i cant say for definite that 148 cc/min IS the proper rating for the cg13 injectors but i can say that, that figure when using the GA16 injectors with the emanage does makes the car behave/run more like youd expeect it to...

Back