M6

20-21 road closed
27-28 2 lanes closed
39-38 2 lanes closed
32-33 road closed

M5

8-7 2 lanes closed

Insane!

Tell me about it - couple of london underground stations are closed because of the winds, three tree's in my road have blown down - and these are the ones that survived the hurricane in 89 :D

Plus the roof of the local safe store blew off :laugh: and apparently its due to get worse tonight!

A few trees have been pulled up this way. I was on our office roof this afternoon checking out the new installation of our new air conditioning condenser and it was very gusty up there, nearly got blown off!

Lol at railway service reducing trains.. any excuse :p

Very few overground stations are running in London. London bridge is closed due to damage. Waterloo and Kings cross aren't doing a lot........most tubes are running delays due to signal failures.

Could be kipping under my desk tonight............supposed to be driving to Cardiff tomorrow.........severn bridge? Yeah right, lol!

I've got to get from Tunbridge Wells to North Kent tonight, M20 has operation stack on it so I'm going to have to avoid that!

Sheppey bridge is closed too James, incase you or Ollie are thinking of heading back.

Its meant to get better by tomorrow though so dont panic Low Rider! I've gotta drive to Oxford which isnt too bad, apart from junction 5/6 area on the M40. Very open space which even a gentle breeze throws your car around. Gale force winds will probably make it take off!

mah its buceted down here and had winds not as bad as down south tho, bit of a poo'er when ya out in it 8 hours a day at work in a forklift lol :D

A few trees have been pulled up this way. I was on our office roof this afternoon checking out the new installation of our new air conditioning condenser and it was very gusty up there, nearly got blown off!

Lol at railway service reducing trains.. any excuse :p

wheres this again...... i could do with some of that myself...

:wasntme: :wasntme: :wasntme:

a man got trapped in a car just down the road from me,

My 30mile commute too 2 Hr's 43 min this morning! Luckily all the scaremongering sent everyone home early so by the time I left work it 'only' took just over an hour and a half on the way back. Seriously thinking about buying somewhere closer to work.

The wind managed to knock out my broadband for about 4 hours :p Calling Pipex customer services - "sorry, due to an emergency situation our customer services team is unavailable. We're sorry for this inconvience, good bye."

Wonder if it'll be any better tomorrow, day off work and I was planning on being under the car doing some work.... Not sure if I trust meh axle stands in this kinda weather :p

my mam and about 100 others were stuck on the m1 at j38 from 2pm yesterday till 7am this morning!!!

2 lorries blown over together.

absolute disgrace, my mam was by herself and never saw one police officer her whole time there.

I got to see this yesterday:

16.close.jpg

lol

my mam and about 100 others were stuck on the m1 at j38 from 2pm yesterday till 7am this morning!!!

2 lorries blown over together.

absolute disgrace, my mam was by herself and never saw one police officer her whole time there.

Erm, I've got two issues with that. 1) I left work at 5 and got home for half 6 going from work (leeds) to my home just off J36 and there was hardly any traffic at all. and 2) 38 is on the west/south yorks border but there are plenty of bobbies in that area who were on duty last night and I'm informed it was fairly quiet.

I think your refering to j28 where the M1 was closed for a bit. Coppers will go to the scene, deal and then leave when no longer needed. by the time you reach the head of the line they've probably attended, dealt and headed off again so it only looks like there's a few lol. M/way accidents get a very high response rate.

are aye, and i forgot to put my mam talks a load of bull

and i also forgot that you know everything about every accident on britains motorways.

accept my appoligies. muppet.

Easy tiger, I only mentioned because I travel that stretch of Motorway twice a day, and the area you mentioned is in my force area.

And I will always respond when people No swearing! about the police. It may have been the case that given the accident it might have been quicker for officers to approach from the wrong direction if the traffic had stopped.

Can I say something? and I'm sure this is totally ( :p ) not the right place for it, but whenever I use the correct word in the correct context I get hit by a swear filter.

I do think we've overstepped the mark with the censorship just a tad.

EDIT: not getting at Arnold about it by the way

in petes defence, i live at junction 41 on the m1, i travelled both northbound and southbound yesterday a couple of junctions between 7-9:30.

on the way home leeds toward junction 40 with a little extra traffic, after 6 it seem normal?

maybe she was stuck after a blocked junction, but if the m1 was closed for 12 hours last night, im suprised i missed it, or traffic wasn't hugely back-logged.

Back