hi chaps, can you help me value my car.

as title really.

Iam really struggling to find time or enthusiasm to keep this project :(

It owes me best part of 1500

Its tidy and I would be looking to sell it with 12months mot and some tax.

Can add specs and pics to this thread if needed, but its all in my thread otherwise :)

I need help with the value because I have been offered 500 for it as is but I also have a guy at work who is interested. I don't want to rip him or my self off and he wants a price asap.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks
Kev

Unfortunately no matter how good it is you'll never get a good price, look at steves (imp) £2200 for his super turbo one of the rarest cars in the world :eek:
I'll be lucky to get £100 for mine but then again mine is a shed lol

I'd say between £500-£700 for a quick sale mate :( it's due to the amount of money I'll lose on the k10 and my s14 that I'll keep them till they dissolve! It's not worth me selling either
Plus currently my drive and garage houses mr2 gts turbo, s14, impreza, k10 and my new Renault traffic sport which I got with my new job ;)

Thanks chaps.

Looks like its better to break it to get cash back.

I would love to keep it but its sooo damn costly on fuel (for a 1.3 micra) and if iam gonna drive a car that doesn't do much more than 20mpg then I might as well put my driftcar on the road because that's lots more fun.

Its also very loud and is ####ing off the neibours cose I have to start it at 5:30am everyday. I had been pushing it down the road before starting it but they still kick off.

I want it to be quicker but I think I have gone to the point where its gonna start costing a fortune to tune any further. for example, fitting the cams and pistons I have here is gonna be a pita and cost me a fair bit once I have sorted shims, gaskets and bearings. Then may as well throw arps bolts in.

Then there is the constant stalling and cutting out that I haven't been able to fix. It won't idle at less than 1400rpm as it'll just stall

Then there is the headlight that I can't fix without paying someone to fix it for me.

I may try ebay, maybe put it up for 1k and just wait and see if it goes. Iam not really in a hurry to sell up.

After being back in the mx5 for 3 or 4 weeks iam struggling to be motivated to go back to something that isn't as much pleasure to drive.

Iam going to crack on a finish the inlet tonight. If that cures the missfire and stalling issue (which iam 95% sure it won't) then iam sure I will be much more enthusiastic about keeping the project going. But to be honest I have struggled with hurdles all the way with this car.

Kev

sorry to hear this matey, if id got the space id negotiate a price with you and take it off your hands, as i know it has potential, its very hard to value it without hurting your feelings so to speak, yes £500 is a bit of an insult, seeing as you have £1500 in the car but you will never get £1500 for it, if i was in a position to id offer you about £800 for it.

when i sold my k10, no-one wanted it at £400 drive away with a years ticket on it, so i broke it and at the last count with selling you the carbs i re-cooped just over £800 thats with selling all my bits and weighing in the shell and spares i had (basically everything i would have sold for £400)

its a shame to see it go but sometimes its what is needed, i had lost all interest in my k10, it needed about £200 spending on it and i was offered my SR for £250, so was a no brainer really.

if you go down the breaking route i will be interested in a lot of parts for my conversion defo (Y) but i say keep the faith mate if i could get on the road soon i could come down and help you get it running right but im not sure how long it will take me to get a car on the road at the min.

With all the modding you've done and assuming everything works and it runs sweet i'd say anything between 500 and 750 is fair. I know it sucks after you've spent loads on it but at the end of the day, even though the k10 is a wicked little motor they just don't hold onto their value. I think your stalling is just that the carbs aren't jetted right, the idle jets are probably too small and the motor isn't getting enough fuel, but that's just my first thought (i haven't read about this problem in your blog in detail, just a skim through).
What happend to all the origional parts like the interior bits you changed etc? If you still have them you'll be able to sell them off and make up some extra cash, put up a list of all your spare bits and see what happens. (Y)

Hi chaps, been without internet for a couple days.

I have been thinking about this and decided that if I can't get £1000 back then I may as well keep it. Iam not in a hurry to seel so if it was at all possible to pull back 1k then I would put it up for sale.

However, you guys have made me realise how little it is actually worth. So I may as well do what needs doing to make it usable. Iam insuring my 200sx this week so that I have a car to drive. The sx is mot until september.

So I will have a short amount of time to get the injection gubbins fitted and running.

At the end of the day, the way iam starting to see it, I have 2 x r32 4door skylines and 1 x rb25det 200sx.

Do i really need to have a 26mpg micra with 98hp when it could be 40mpg @ 90hp. In fact it will be A LOT quicker on injection because it won't stall every 5 mins.

Ialso reckon that it could be 150hp turbo and still do better mpg :D

If someone wants the carbs and dizzy setup then its best to email me on [email protected] my inbox is still full atm :rolleyes:

I will have forsale

Carbs and manifold and fuel regulator
Cg10de lightened flywheel
Ma12 dizzy modified to fit cg engine with plates and leads ect
And will also sell the 4 branch manifold soon as well I reckon

The carbs have been rejetted on the rolling road and was checked at part throttle at different loads ect ect. Carbs are fine :) and in great condition ;)

Back