hang on to your old 2 pences

frank

Club Member
with the far east economies booming, copper is fetching 2 grand a ton! so any pre 92 pennies an 2p,s are worth more as scrap than face value!

Ha that's been the case for a while hasn't it? I've always had a copper collection that I cash in when times get hard (no beer money). Bits of pipe etc.

olly

sod the beer money, invest it in a tig welder and plasma cutter, i know you could make some braces that were engineering art!

nothing wrong with making them from steel. Thats what i did on my K10, then you can easily mig them.

Yeah but some people on here wanted alloy ones and I wanted to offer a cheap one. I could do the steel ones really cheaply but they aren't as popular.

nope. since the copper on electrical cables was stolen from all of the power lines in IRAQ the world price for copper has crashed.

its not worth as much.

plus most copper coins are now Zinc with a copper covering..

get a strong magnet and a new and old penny...... the old one is pure copper and doesnt conduct magnetism and the new one is very difficult to remove from the magnet.

Copper 1&2p's although not 100% pure were phased out a long time ago for the very reason that their face value was worth less than their material value. New 1&2p's are made from copper plated steel.

a ton of 2p pieces...thats alot of coinage! lol!

I still want a rear brace please olly, steel is no problem :) (Y)

it tis aii, but have u had a sock full of 2p's (nowhere to put em lol) the weight is unreal, its alot of coins but wouldnt take up hardleys any room!

Back