Gits

I've just taken the kids to school in the car and found that during the night someone has scraped all down the passenger side of it, the rear quarter panel and passenger door are pushed in and scored, they never even left a note the #######s, I've put loads of time into the bodywork and it was ready for its paint, now I'll have to start all over again.

Do you mean someone has drove into the side of it? Or wee neds keyed it?

By saying they never left a note I'm guessing someone drove into it.

Unlucky though, hate people like that.

scottish-sr said:
Do you mean someone has drove into the side of it? Or wee neds keyed it? By saying they never left a note I'm guessing someone drove into it. Unlucky though, hate people like that.

Somebody scraped all down the side when they were reversing out of the cul de sac, I think I know who it was, its been reported to the law but I don't have much faith there, I'll post a couple of pics in a bit when I get some batteries for my camera.

If you think you know who it is, there car will have damage too. Go have a look at their car and see if it scrapes the same colour as yours.

I had a nieghbour that was a drink driver. He also had a ranger rover... not a good combo! His driveway is on a slope and my friend used to park his 106 right behind it. I bet you know where this is going... Exact same result! There's a loop hole in the law that might let whoever done it get away with it! MAKE SURE YOU TAKE PICURES OF BOTH CARS ASAP!!! VERY IMPORTANT!!!

Anyway, I feel sorry for you! I hope whoever done it approches you and is sympathetic towards what they have done!

If you need more info on the loophole, let me know! The Missus helped me out on this one, she's a lawyer, so I'll be happy to pass on any informaton?

If they own upto it; MAKE SURE YOU GET IT IN BLOODY WRITING! MAKE SURE THERE ARE 2 WITTNESSES THAT SIGN IT! You wont believe this but I've had someone sign a letter claiming all responsibilty for an accident, then they ALMOST got away with it by saying the were dyslexic and that they didn't know what they were signing!!!

So REALLY, If you don't have an understanding let me know, I'd be more than happy to help you nail the Bu**er!

-Jamie

The person in questions licence should be ok. That is if he owns up and signs a letter stating that he claims all responsibility! Take pictures of where your car was parked, the location and the damage to his hgv. The pictures need to tie in everything that is involved.
When (or if) you get the the letter of responsibility, tell the insurance company even if it does bump your insurance up! Or you can be charged yourself.
Go and get an estimate on the damage to your car, your insurance company may assign a garage for you to take it to.
After that it's upto the insurance companies and police to sort it out. If it goes to court... sue the living S***e out of him!

Good luck!

-Jamie

If it goes through the insurance then they will write the car off due to the cost of the parts and its age, I wouldn't want that to happen as it's a March and fairly rare at its age. I'm not so sure if it is the wagon I thought it was now, I've just picked up some paint scrapings off the ground and they are metallic, not the sort of paint you do a flat bed truck in, but I'll keep my eyes open for the culprit, It'll get sorted.

bad luck mate but i suppose it could have been worse. you might have actually finished painting it aswell! hope you manage to get it sorted though.:down:

There really are some selfish ######'s out there aren't there!! Sorry to hear this Sonic, hope u get it sorted without too much aggro. :(

i was stood in the carpark at work the other day and my mates just baught an alfa 147 GTA in black

a police car came up behind it and bumped into it....laughed and did it again, pushing it back about 2 ft...

after they saw me looking they said..."oh sorry mate was that your car"....... so i said yeah and they got out and said...." well we better get out and check your car for damage then"

#### #####....realy realy big hairy #### #####.... i hate the "younger" police..

but i can understand where you are coming from... gits.

Would you believe it, I've finally found out who hit my car and drove off grr , it turns out it was who I thought it was, but get this, she was in a pale metallic blue Micra Twister, it turned up in the street after an absence of a month or so with a scrape on its side just the right height to match the one on my car, the paint they left matches her car and it even has my paint on her car still, I've been to the Police who are sending an NIP out to them for failing to stop after an accident, yeah, I might be getting some insurance money.:D

Excellent, glad your making good progress! Cant believe anyone would drive off like that... they wouldnt like it if someone hit their car and left the scene.

I wouldnt be surprised if it took time though. Have you tried the council for CCTV footage? Could possibly persue insurance using that as evidence.

ooooh sooo harsh mate, some people just can't drive, i found that someone had reversed into my car and ######ed off and it cost me loads to get fixed Grr

unfortunately no one is that honest to leave contact details after an accident nowadays. maybe if it was a small accident!

some people are just such cowards. on my first few weeks of driving i scraped a car in a car park (in my defence, he was badly parked) there was absolutely no damage to his car, just a bit of paint from mine (i needed a new bumper though... god damn nissan) but i still left details. the guy rang me that night to say he had got my note but didnt understand why i had left it since he couldnt see any damage to his car!

glad its getting sorted though sonic, i love your car!

This has happened to my family in the past, our Mazda 323F was left with a damaged rear wheel arch and door about 6 months ago,

my dad has only just had the door of his Discovery repaired (£220!) after a chav(presumably) pushed a gate into the door

And today as i was driving down my road, there was a peugout 407 will damage to the back, and an audi TT (both parked on road) with a smashed door frame, arch and drivers window which must have been a hit and run from last night.

sonic said:
Would you believe it, I've finally found out who hit my car and drove off grr , it turns out it was who I thought it was, but get this, she was in a pale metallic blue Micra Twister, it turned up in the street after an absence of a month or so with a scrape on its side just the right height to match the one on my car, the paint they left matches her car and it even has my paint on her car still, I've been to the Police who are sending an NIP out to them for failing to stop after an accident, yeah, I might be getting some insurance money.:D

I've got nothing against the police, but I am surprised at how quickly they are sending out an NIP on this one now you have the evidence. Hope it all gets sorted anyway. I can't stand people damaging someone elses property and thinking they can get away with it.

Sonic go and get a pic of it b4 they disappear again!! Hope u get it sorted mate!! Damn Micra drivers!!!!!

My car was keyed when parked outside, Estimate for repairs £400.

This is just to respray two panels.

Rip of anyone?

Igloo said:
My car was keyed when parked outside, Estimate for repairs £400.

This is just to respray two panels.

Rip of anyone?

Lol I was quoted £650 for a full respray, so I'd say rip-off.

i have had my car scratch by kids i had a big number 7 on the bonnet and a scratch on the off side back pannel as soon as i found out who did it i will put them in hospitle

james betley said:
as soon as i found out who did it i will put them in hospitle

Let's hope you don't mean that, after all, u say they're kid's!! I'm not sure anyone else likes reading this sort of thing either.

james betley said:
as soon as i found out who did it i will put them in hospitle

Im sure you could persue it legally. such comments are not tolerated on the MSC.

sorry i ment 4 the guy who broke into my car and tryed 2 hot wire it and couldent so he riped my door speekers out when i find him i will just ruff him up a bit thats all or just tell the police and make a citzens arrest

Back