Fuel/Oil Additives - Yay Or Nay?

Do You Think Fuel/Oil Additives Make A Difference?

• Yes - They Work, Swear By 'em

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • No - Waste Of Money.

Votes: 9 64.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shaun

***StaGGeRed***
you know the ones i mean like increases fuel consumption, lower emissions, increases service life etc.

So do you use them, swear by them, or hate 'em! fwn

Vote in the Poll Too!

and let us know your experiences Good Or Bad!

Shaun

you know the ones i mean like increases fuel consumption, lower emissions, increases service life etc.

So do you use them, swear by them, or hate 'em! fwn

Vote in the Poll Too!

and let us know your experiences Good Or Bad!

Shaun

you notice the difference when you put them in. but i dont think they make much differnce. i put some in before every service. it maybe just a money making scheme. maybe the good quality expensive ones like the brand forte work?

I think they work but people sometimes expect too much from them. At the end of the day there is no such thing as a mechanic in a bottle I had a AX diesel (uuuhhhhh) that failed its emissions test even with a full service and a new exhaust it still failed. I put some Redex for diesels into the tank and took it for a drive...it then passed

I think they tested a bunch of performance fuel additives on fifth gear once and turns out that all the additives they used reduced perfomance. My thinking is that they may only give you a gain in perfomance if you use them repeatedly on several tankfuls, and if you use a car with a hefty engine.

i have never used these products because i thought that the engine may become addicted to them so therefore once used you would have to use them constantly otherwise your engine may never run the same again a bit like easy start. am i wrong??

FORTE additives every time, work a treat and have got many cars through the MOT. Have found the Forte products to be the best on the market and have been using them for 20 years +

Have a look on the website http://www.forteuk.co.uk/ Their gas and fuel system cleaners work wonders on sticky injectors.

Back