fao frank or whoever HHHeeeelpppp please!!

martinb

Ex. Club Member
hi there,right engines in, jump leads on engine turns over but wont start

triied franks tip of petrol in throttle body and it fires up but ten seconds later it dies

now im leading it to the fuel system

i have two fuel pipes, both going to the fuel pressure regulator, 99% sure there the right way round, ones a sender OFF the top of the fuel filter, and the other is the return

i have as follows, the fuel line coming from the top of the fuel filter going to the fpr i.e the beginning just before it goes into the fpr

the other is connected to what looks like the return from the fuel rail, i need a photo please,

man smack on my hand for not labelling first :(

Sounds wrong, fuel filter should go straight to the rail. Fpr is the return

So from filter- injector 4-3-2-1 then FPR then back to tank

many thanks all, yep after undoing the fuel pipe and getting a face full (and mouth) i swaped them round and it started instantly!! sweeeet

its idling at like 2000 for some reason but it might be the fact i pumped i #### load of fuel somewhere?

the search continues ....:laugh:

the coolant has to circulate around the fastidle waxstat before the revs will drop mart (and it,ll take a few stop-n-starts and rad top-ups before all the airlocks are cleared)
and well done dude (Y)

I normally top the Coolant up to whatever it takes, start car with rad cap off, level drops as the air pumps out, top it up until it's full and that's it. If the idle is still a bit high it's adjustable on the back LH corner of the throttle body

Hi guys thanks for the comments, went out this morning and serviced my little bros almera 1.4 so similar just a bigger bay, finished in 45 mins flat :eek:, not bad for a gas man!!

Any way, fired the car up, loads of smoke off the manifold from paint(last time I do that) then the revs started to settle let it idle which at the mo is about 1100-1200

Went round to the dash and the temp gauge was above red!!:eek:

Is it just a case as someone said of letting the coolant round, il try with the rad cap off to let air out

Little bit annoyed as hit the coolant tank whilst doing battery tray up and put a 2p sized hole in it, I've been told I don't need it and just to keep an eye on rad levels? Can anyone confirm please....

Many thanks all :suspect:

The coolant tank is fine aslong as its not leaking xD it doesn't pressurise either from what i understand, but i'm not sure if you can run without it! someone will be along soon to tell :D.

expansion tank not essential,mine doesnt have one!leaving the rad cap off is usually enough, but if your still having problems bleeding the system, try pulling of hoses,around the bulkhead etc to ensure there's no air locks and coolant is flowing.and make sure theres plenty of coolant in the system!

Dont forget to the heater / fan on max inside the car to help circulate anything thats hiding in those areas. Squishing the pipes and rocking the car when its warmed up can sometimes help aswell.

hi guys posted on my blog too but desperate for some help

car idling funny so changed t/b all ok but still going above red on temp guage

wired fan onto battery, waited for car to return to cold and started again, stayed cooler for longer but after 5 mins it was in the red again!

please help

Hi mate, yeah both get warm, the thermostat I took out looks brand new, whereas the one I know that works looks old! Really starting to get me down as I cant figure it out and just want it to work so I can move on with other bits

Could it be the water pump mate?

I have a. Video I will post up which sort of explains 2 mins

Can't make it out very well, I know it's blowing but sounds like crap? It's revving up and down and makes a releasing pressure sound?

Ok that rules that out then, even with fan wired on it's still overheating, don't see what else it could be?

ive drained the coolant and refilled twice, left radiator cap off to remove air bubbles, all i havent tried is turning heater on full?

may look for another 1.3 if no luck?:down:

yeah hes on here, its fine. its only done 36000 miles thou, came out of a running car, wondering whether its all plugged in properly, infact i know its plugged/plumbed in properly as theres no where else for stuff to go? ill try the engine temp sensor again but its a pain as have to drain oil, remove oil filter, drain coolant, fit it fill it all back up, takes a while to do that aswell

frank fancy a road trip to fix it? pwease :p

Back