Exhaust prolapse

My Super S has developed a fluffy prolapse from the tail pipe and a strange hissing noise on acceleration. It also seems down on power and is struggling to breath. I first thought the air filter had popped off..induction hiss, but that's fine.

I think the exhaust is internally collapsing and restricting airflow, anyone else had this happen? Or know better...I'm just guessing after all.

Given the cost of replacement..I may be forced to purchase a performance exhaust:devil: ....cheap and cheerful.....Ashley Performance seem to have a fairly good deal on a cat back system with polished tailpipe....any comments?

Or any good alternatives.

i,ve known cats to break up, not on a micra tho ! but usually you get a rattle as well.
try tapping the 2nd cat with your hand !

Sounds like the internal packing of the exhaust has come loose - this is the 'fluffy' stuff. In this case you will probably need to replace the system. No personal experience with the Ashley system, but have heard good things about it.

This happened to me, the rear silencer had collapesed, looked as though it had been doing it for a while, not sure how much a replacement is, we just emptyed out the packaging so the back box was empty, now power if anything is up and it makes a rather nice little rumble, quite until you rev it hard :)

ive got that fluffy sound too. no back box but otherwise standard exhaust. theres no material in the mid-silencer, its just a resonance chamber. i will be fitting a "back-box" soon hopefully.

0039-1.jpg

this is the can. its an Austin Racing GP2 open can for a Kawasaki ZX10-R. my brother races national superstock 1000, a Litre bike support series fo BSB. he was in spain testing the new bike and had a bit of an off. basically the only damage to the can is to the carbon-fibre end-tip.

big smiles from me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back