emissons help - Frank

Glen

Club Member
Frank what could i do to solve this emisson issues?

20130608_104059.jpg

What spec is the car? Here's my 1275 from earlier this week, I notice there is a variation in the limits too.

micra005_zps23a59ba0.jpg

its passed the CO @ idle, but not @ cruise eh, looks like its not closed looping @ cruise glen ?
my nistune closed loops @ cruise and passed with ease, just like the stock ecu, but i dont think paul,s does tho ? maybe yours is setup like his glen ?

So frank you think i should hook the laptop up hold it at the revs and see if its not in closed loop and change it to suit?

1st check ur o2 is working.
With a laptop/diagnostic tool, hold warm engine at 2k and the sensor should read up/down per 0.5s

Without laptop, try the paperclip in diagnostic port trick, start warm engine for diagnostic mode 2, hold at 2k n eng light representing o2 should blink on off per 0.5s

Next if u have nistune or any ecu mod is to check the low rpm low load regions of fuel map is enabling closed loop n using the o2

Finally the cats. My janspeed manifold and turbo eliminated the primary cat, leaving the second to do all the work but it doesn't get hot enough so both setups fail emission.

Only my stock exhaust manifold passes cos the primary cats gets hot enough near the engine to clean the gasses.

So every year I'd have to swap over to stock for MOT

Right Stani my dad and I had a look at the lights and emissions on the micra so here's a video

At idle the voltage is 0.05v and when its a 3k the voltage is in the 0.5 area is this right? Also the map is shown so you can see what its doing at 3k.

Right so it failed again but only on emissions. So i measure the voltage and the lambda only goes to 0.886v so how do i adjust the map to get this to the right reading?

Back