Electric Supercharger ?

type-r what size engine you got. i only have a 1.0l so doubt it would do much. Seems to be a difference in opinions on these

they are pants.....

there isnt an electric motor on the market that can run from 12V and produce 100,000rpm under load. even brushless motors....

a turbo charger at about 4psi will be at well over 120,000rpm.....but with a much larger surface area.

im not even gonna bother explaining.
its crap.

I believe Garrett are making electrically assited turbo's by spooling it with a motor till the exhaust gasses come in, to reduce turbo lag

if there was an electrical motor connected like they say between the intake, it would need another source of power to get good results. Lets say a bike 12v battery wired upto the alternator, so it dnt go flat, this way it would not drag power from the car directly, and possibly increase power a little bit by a fraction nothing noticable.

Yeah this one of those works depending on your car! I dont belive that the power used to turn it would make up for the power gained with such small engine as a 1.3, i will be superchargin mine (when i have money) but purely mechanical! Also got to take in cost!

Dyno tests have shown a loss in power with these due to the load it puts on the alternator. Also Many turbos do not get anywhere near 120,000 rpm on 4psi. have a look at some of the efficiency maps.....

yeah as ed says they did a test of one in jtuner a month back.. on a toyota MR2 N/A it made most power with it not attached then they stuck it on and tried it with it switched on it lost about 5BHP or somthing to that extent and when they had it fitted but not switched on it lost about 3 BHP so overall a quality product for only 200 sheets.. buy a janspeed.

Back