Driving Shoes?

Turtle

Ex. Club Member
Hi All,

Need some new trainers and now that I drive daily I thought it'd be nice to buy some "driving shoes". The type which are ok for every day use, not david coulthards signed race boots!

So does anyone else use driving shoes, and which brands are the best?

http://www.speedwellracing.co.uk/footwear_SP3_BLUE.htm

Those ones look pretty good for the price i'd normally expect to pay for trainers...

i drive in heels, but its a personal thing. why driving shoes? why not just... shoes? do they increase BHP?

buy trainers :p

Ooooh, I like them. I'm very particular about what shoes I can drive in, dunno if it's just because I'm quite a new driver, or if I'm awkward. Until about 4 months ago I only had one pair of thin soled boots I could drive in, but now I've branched out into a pair of Converse (which are very good for driving) and another pair of trainers. Did think about getting some driving boots or shoes though, and the ones you posted seem nice.

Hey, try driving in just socks! now thats crazy!

I can drive in anything, gym trainers, my casual shoes, my heavy shoes. I can feel the difference in each but easy to adjust.

Cheers Ems, yeah im not all that bothered about what shoes I wear but some are more comfortable than others when driving (specially motorway driving...).

I live in my steel toecapped boots, well not actually live in them but I wear them more than anything else and because of that I tend to drive in them most of the time as well, yes they're a bit heavy but that's something I've got used to over the years, I suppose that I find it easy to drive in them because of work, I drive fork lifts all day.

Get a proper set of Puma boots, they are luxury, can't beat a bit of ankle support...

i just like driving in a snug fitting pair of stan smiths or nike court tradition's ( i used to work footware at JD Sports lol) but nike airs are good to drive in!

I usually just drive in a pair of trainers. Once tried driving my bros mini when I was 15 wearing a pair of high ankle RRS karting boots.

Got rather uncomfy after a while.

I wouldn't mind a pair of "driving shoes" though.

I drive in anything...i had to take my boots off as my feet were killing driving home from my b/f's after a night out and drove in bare feet it was horrible. Heels are good (dnt think they will appeal to you) flip flops are quite hard but do'able.

Gemma85 said:
I drive in anything...i had to take my boots off as my feet were killing driving home from my b/f's after a night out and drove in bare feet it was horrible. Heels are good (dnt think they will appeal to you) flip flops are quite hard but do'able.

LAWBREAKER!!!!! GET THE FEDS!!!!!!!! lol, nah man, did ya know its illegal to drive in bear feet/ socks?

R05_Micra said:
LAWBREAKER!!!!! GET THE FEDS!!!!!!!! lol, nah man, did ya know its illegal to drive in bear feet/ socks?

pmsl...picture's of getting out the car after being pulled with brown big furry feet.

R05_Micra said:
where have you seen its illegal to drive bare foot?
i'm sure it isnt. i know some poeple who drive bare foot as you have more control over the car than wearing thick shoes. personally i prefer to wear light shoes. heavy shoes or solid boots are not good in a car.

Umm, I think it's in the highway code, but yeah, I was told it's illegal to drive barefoot or in socks too, you have to wear some kind of foot protection to legally drive.

Wonder if anyones ever been done for driving barefoot? :D

Driving shoes! are they worn by the same kinda people that wear gloves when filling there car up with fuel!?

its not in the highway code. its fine to drive with bare feet. what your not allowed to do is drive with footwear that can impede your control of the car. what some people could do is not press the brake pedal hard enough if not wearing shoes, but thats not the fault of not wearing the shoes its the common sence of the driver to push harder.

Those shoes sound good, not a bad price either.

I have to admit I prefer driving in thin soled comfortable shoes. Never thought of looking for shoes advertised especially for driving.

andrewb150 said:
Those shoes sound good, not a bad price either.

I have to admit I prefer driving in thin soled comfortable shoes. Never thought of looking for shoes advertised especially for driving.

Proper driving shoes are overrated and expensive. Pumas are the way forward!!!!! And they are thin soled!!!

R05_Micra said:
i just like driving in a snug fitting pair of stan smiths or nike court tradition's
now heres a man with style.

my stannies didnt last as long as the k-swiss i like both pairs ive gotto go get some more!

Back