Dont use main garages! DIY ftw :D

Shero

Ex. Club Member
So basicaly, when i didnt have a clue, i took the micra to the local garage to get lowering springs put on. They totaly chuffed it and could have caused a big accident.

When i relowerd the car i took the shokers off and noticed a massive chunk out the top thred where it gos into the top mount.
Tey had put the bump stop on upside down which meant there was no support for the shocker, well apart from metal which just ground it away.

PICS.

top of the shocker, the right one is fine, left is buggggerd
zcopy.th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

this is how they had put it on, the left one upside down. goons!
s8001218.th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

this should be a circle! haa.
s8001205.th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I mean, if for instance argos done this you can go back and say, " HO, deal with this" , but what are you meant to do with rouge traders!

So, just incase anyone ever wants springs done, save £70 and a poor job, buy the haynes manual, do it in your own drive and learn stuff yourself.

well said, + with garages (especially the bigger names) you never know if your going to get a fully trained professional with 30 years experience or a young apprentice with 6 months experience working on your car!

Well, if it wasnt this guys first day of ever seeing a car, im ashamed, gunna go down on thursday and see what the guy says! .lol

dont put all garages down, granted you do get the cowboy ones which give small garages bad names, i work at a garage and the boss and i have worked really hard building the garage up to a busy status at fair prices and we do have apprentships working for us but all his work is checked.

thats fair enough, im not slating all garages at all, for instance the bloke i used to do my clutch was small time but he was ace and extremely cheap. to be honest it's the branded names like ford, nissan, kwik-fit ect. whom charge £30 an hour no matter who's working on your car that take the p***

Back