Dave Bull in ava

fraz_micra_88

Ex. Club Member
my mate matt says he saw you down at ava today and said he was very very impressed lol!!

"loud as edited" as he said lol

did you brake the rollers? lol

what were you gettin done?

Yes, I was at AVA on Friday, remapping the car for high boost (18 psi) and getting a feature done for Banzai magazine.

We got to 6000 rpm on high boost and the o/s (right hand side) drive coupling sheared (part that connects the roller and the telma retarder (device that measures the torque and calculates power output)).

Was making 337 WHP (approx 375 bhp at crank) at 6000 rpm and it was still climbing high.

Considering it made peak power right on the rev limiter (8200 rpm) back in November at AVA, I'm sure it would have madearound 400 WHP with the high boost setting.

Made over 300 lbft of torque from 4250 rpm to 6000 rpm, when it broke the coupling.

Feels awesome to drive!

Cheers

Dave

Nope, no big tyres yet, as we haven't finished off the wings yet.

I was at Crail today on the shakedown for the car since last August.

Was up on the Toyo R888's and I spun the poo out of them (as per usual).

Even with the terrible traction, a passenger and the additional weight of the cage, extra seat and the braces and front & rear ARB's, I still managed to run a 12.9 @ 122 mph on my 3rd & final run.

I only did three runs, the first was just awful (worst ever actualy...LOL)...high 13 with a poor 116 mph terminal. I didn't do a burnout, and boy did that not help with traction.

The second run I tried to launch in 2nd and I didn't give it enough revs, and it bogged, big time. Felt awesome though when the boost came in.

And the 3rd run, well, spin spin spin spin spin APFU!!!

I knew that I wasn't going to run any quicker, so rather than break something trying to do better, I called it a day and watched the racing.

Good day out though!!!

Cheers

Dave

Back