Compressor Tools

goldstar0011

Ex. Club Member
Finally got me a compressor but now I need some tools and one I'm after is a "mop", basically a buffer, electric ones ares ok but need something heavyduty so I can use G3 on the entire car which needs fast action and water.

Any suggestions where are what I need, looked on eBay but I must be having a blonde day cause I can't find one.

What compressor do you have? chances are that unless its a large one (15+cfm 150+ litre tank) it wont have the power to use a proper mop. I would personally get an elec one.

I'll find out what I have asap.

What other tools should I get?
I have some electric ones but what better run off compressor

To be honest all my main tools are still power tools appart from my random orbit sander. This EATS lots of air, and as such you will need a large compressor to keep up with it. When I'm using this with my air mask the compressor is almost on all the time... I have an air wrachet which is pretty cool and an air gun which is usefull for cleaning stuff. Other than this just my spray guns etc..

Orbital sander is a defo want, paint spraying do wanna learn, am liking the little grinders (seen on tv etc :D ) easier to grind metal than holding a heavy grinder.

Haha, yeah, that orbital sander ran for about 5 seconds off my tiny compressor before it feebly tried keeping up with the air pouring out.

I don't think many air tools get much home use. Inflating tyres, a blow gun for cleaning stuff, impact wrench, and that is about it. Spraying and most of the other tools require a lot of air. Things like air ratchets aren't that useful unless you do a lot of work. The only reason that I would use them is because you aren't allowed electric tools, and 200cfm air is available...

I forgot - die grinders (which I think you mean by the small grinders). Kind of like a Dremel but with a bigger shank and a lot more power. Useful, but again can use a lot of air.

If I have the tools available I'll do more work, many plans!
Air ratchets - probably will get one but I do like the hands on approach :D
Die grinder - would have been loads handy when cleaning up some weld marks!

i get a impact wrench(got one actually lol) (better than an impact ratchet more power) its so much better than straining on those dumb ass half rusted on bolts

LOL I remember trying your compressor Andrew, that was pure Comedy :)

No, its a bargin. I reckon we should connect it to a micra engine and gear it up a bit.. make it work a bit faster..

detox

yo i am looking at gettong a good compressor but was wondering what cind of stats i should look ok in 50 ltr tank ok

Back