Cga fpr

micras69

Deactivated Account
has anyone fitted a uprated fuel pressure regulator like the FSE/sard style to the CGA fuel rail? and for that matter do they fit?

would be a grate help if anyone can post some pics of the CGA FPR, standard or uprated will do

cheers

the stock CGA ones are held in with a clip eh martin, so you would need a purpose built fitting (or else a blanking fitting, and fit the fpr in series on the return pipe)
i squashed the top down on a stock one years ago to raise the reg from about 35 psi to about 50 psi, but our CG,s need a rising rate type one really (higher ratio) so that we can use bigger injectors without the overfuelling problems at low throttle (high vacuum)
attachment.php

Attachments

• SDC10568.JPG
    SDC10568.JPG
    273.4 KB · Views: 269
Ahhhh blooming hell man, why isn't anything easy for me grr. So what you saying frank, blank the FPR that's on there and fit my sard FPR to the fuel inlet on the rail?

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• CGA FPR1.JPG
    CGA FPR1.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 241
  • CGA FPR6.JPG
    CGA FPR6.JPG
    81.7 KB · Views: 266
  • CGA FPR5.JPG
    CGA FPR5.JPG
    28.9 KB · Views: 254
  • CGA FPR7.JPG
    CGA FPR7.JPG
    56.1 KB · Views: 245
  • CGA FPR4.JPG
    CGA FPR4.JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 241
  • CGA FPR2.JPG
    CGA FPR2.JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 256
  • CGA FPR3.JPG
    CGA FPR3.JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 231
  • CGA FPR8.JPG
    CGA FPR8.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 243
if you remove the white "O" ring the fuel will bleed through the stock fpr and then will be regulated by your sard fpr when fitted downstream (attached to the return pipe)

Ah right I thought it was put on the inlet side frank, cheers bud (Y)

good idea Ed although James in never around so it might be worth asking other ED

if you remove the white "O" ring the fuel will bleed through the stock fpr and then will be regulated by your sard fpr when fitted downstream (attached to the return pipe)

good idea frank!! simple but effective, my only worry would be that that might restric the flow?? i suppose you would soon realise if you couldnt drop the pressure enough:)

make sure you messure the pressure before the oe fpr just incase it does restric the flow :)

ANOTHER edit. you could always completely remove the yellow niple, that would free up flow all good :D

id doesnt look like james uses a fpr. surely if the injectors and fuel pump is big enough and its mapped correctly then the standard fuel pressure is fine??

i paid loads for a sard one too and it wouldnt bloody seal properly. just kept leaking fuel and the car wouldnt run at all on it.

if you could get a fpr with about a 4:1 ratio (like what the methanol guys use i believe) that dropped the high vacuum/idle pressure down to about 1.5 bar (instead of the stock 2.5) but retains the stock 3 bar low vacuum/WOT pressure, then the 1.6 GA injectors might run sweet with our N/A mods (ie, without the overfuelling at low revs, and without the stock injector underfuelling at mid/high revs :cool:)

Stani are you shure it was a genuine sard product? As there I loads of Copys and also copys aproved by sard but not made by them have a look around the FPR for resessed dots, 0 dots means it's a total fake, 1 means a copy approved by sard bit not as good quality as there own, 2 means it's a genuine product made by sard

If you carnt find them I can send pics

oh well stani, mine had a problem with the threads but thats nothing realy

these are the pics of the sard "dots"

Attachments

• sard1dot.jpg
    sard1dot.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 148
  • sard2dot-1.jpg
    sard2dot-1.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 241
Back