CG13DE wanted urgently

Antony

Ex. Club Member
Update Now With Video Of Timing Chain

i blew my engine up...

coming into the carpark at work, shifted down. blipped the throttle and bang....... no drive, and the engine slowly died....

now if i try to start it it turns over kidna like it did with no spark plugs in... no running...... plenty of spark and fuel....:down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down:

DONT BUY A CHEAP TIMING CHAIN!!!!!

so anyone got one lying arround?

yes craig please....

the engine made a crunching sound before it stopped....and i think if its bent a few valves itwould still splutter and spark a few times.... but it looks like theres no compression at all..... on any cylinder...

its done 107777 miles and i think needs a re-fresh anyway.

pm me craig!!

the engine made a crunching sound before it stopped....and i think if its bent a few valves itwould still splutter and spark a few times.... but it looks like theres no compression at all..... on any cylinder...
if the valves are bent, then there wouldn't be any compression at all:suspect:. because if the chain has let go, then it'd probably bend all 16 of em.

update... the chain seems to be working fine.....

there is a very strong spark (about 4 inches long actualy..lol) from all 4 plugs,

the engine still sucks very well whilst being turned over....

there is lots of fuel... and fresh at that....

the oil light goes off as soon as it turns over.. so theres oil pressure.....

my dad recons the exhaust cam has skipped a tooth.....again.... and thats why its not starting....

im a little sceptical.

its got new cams.... avanti rally ones i think.... theyre a different colour to the micra ones.... theyre a gray colour whereas the nissan ones are kinda dark brown to black..

thanks japseye. how many miles has it done?...

if its available i will pm you after thursday when i can strip her down (again) to find out whats wrong,.
thanks guys

Just out of interest how does or did your car idle Antony? Avanti do two profiles for the Micra, ultimate fast road and rally.

ooh... do you know the specs of both?

if so, me and craig (and ed) are doing aproject and need to know tollerances..

the idle was lumpy, but quite relaxed..

it would rev like a biatch up to 4000rpm then go nuts all the way to 7000+

so they must be ultuimate road cams then

well heres a short video wich i took on my phone earlier, took the cam cover off, and theres soooo much slack in the top chain the inlet cam has skipped a few teeth.....

what to do what to do...???

Attachments

• SV_A0064.mp4
    2.5 MB · Views: 267
If they are the ultimate fast road cams then they are 19/49/49/9 timings, which translates to 248deg inlet and 238deg exhaust with 8.50mm lift.

Valve clearances should be set as per standard values. Base circles are smaller than standard billet cams, but I expect they are all shimmed up nicely as they were already in the head weren't they?

ooh... do you know the specs of both?

if so, me and craig (and ed) are doing aproject and need to know tollerances..

the idle was lumpy, but quite relaxed..

it would rev like a biatch up to 4000rpm then go nuts all the way to 7000+

so they must be ultuimate road cams then

Thats hardly an ultimate spec! Much better than stock though.

looks to me like it,s a chain made by dung chao ping heavy industies,
mine didn,t have that much sideways slack after 132000 mls

my dad managed to find a nissan cam chain off a car with 20,000 miles on it after the guy ran it with no water for a month and blew it to smitherines... got the chains and all the pulleys.
im yet to take the head off though....

you might be right, if it,s slipped less than half a turn, you should be ok!
a quick check of the valve clearances should tell you ye or nay, if they are ok i would leave the head on!

frank

yeah, i mean, with the chain still loose we did a rough compression test and all seemed fne... its just too slack to run..

Back