CG10 DET Project.

Cheef

Buy & Sell Member
I have almost everything. just need to know whether i should take the oil feed from the block or use a oil filter sandwich?
Im going to start a 1 litre intercooled turbo, with a moddest body kit.

allright another 1.0 goign for a turbo. I am expecting to complete mine and tune it next week or so as uni ends this freday for me until september. Gonna fit it all back on the weekend.

Any spec on what you are using? mani,turbo,fmic/tmic, exhaust, engine management etc.

I took the oil from a sandwhich plate as i had one lying around and the oil pressure switch looked hard to get to.

Jabran.

The most common method is to take a T from the oil pressure switch and use that to feed the turbo.

i think some have tapped into the oil gallery plug, on the front of the head ("if" you can get it out :glance: )

Does anyone actually have any pressure readings for that plug as it's in a great place for a convo.
Craig

Does anyone actually have any pressure readings for that plug as it's in a great place for a convo.
Craig

I was going to try that on my old engine but the nut was rounded because of rust i'll see if i can undo it on the new engine and get some readings on a gauge, In my opinion these kind of feeds usually only trickle oil on idle adn increase pressure with revs but if it is a constant source an is 1/8 then i'll be taking it off there as well as its much shorter.

Cheers :) The Micra on Autospeed (I think that it was Evade's) allegedly too his feed from there, so would be very nice if it has the necessary pressure.
Craig

Yeah ill be moving it to my brothers garage soon, as i dont fancy working on the road! I have a t25 with a wastegate,front mount R33 GTs intercooler, and not enough pipe. ill be posting pics too, as it progresses.

The most common method is to take a T from the oil pressure switch and use that to feed the turbo.

I have had bad experiences with this method on B16 honda engines. i.e. crackingand breaking due to engine vibration. Me thinks ill be using a sandwich for higher flow rate and decent pressure.

Yeah ill be moving it to my brothers garage soon, as i dont fancy working on the road! I have a t25 with a wastegate,front mount R33 GTs intercooler, and not enough pipe. ill be posting pics too, as it progresses.

I have had bad experiences with this method on B16 honda engines. i.e. crackingand breaking due to engine vibration. Me thinks ill be using a sandwich for higher flow rate and decent pressure.

Sounds interesting get some pictures up. What are you doing for engine management? and what kinD fo exhaUst you going for? Whats the t25 from?
Sorry for the mega questions but i am jsut curious about your setup

Sounds quite similar to my project lol, I'm using a t25 off a ford maverick diesel, legacy top mount chargecooler (finished just waiting on a silicone hose to finish it up), emanage gold , ga16 injectors 2" exhaust system turbo back. Gonna be fabricating some other tid bits along the way like oil caths etc.

jabran.

No probs jabran sab! Im using a ceramic T25 off an S13. Spare intercooler off an ECR33 which is gonna be black, stainless steel oil feed and return lines. and for fule management im gonna use a Vortech FMU (fool management unit!). HKS turbo timer, and boost gauge in glovebox. And exhaust will be a custom fabbed 4-1 with wastegate.
My setup has not yet begun, as im trying to source pipes. However you may have gathered this build will not have my fullest attention

That would only happen if you put too much weight on the thread. The right way to do it would be to mount the distribution block away from the engine on a second bit of pipe.

That would only happen if you put too much weight on the thread. The right way to do it would be to mount the distribution block away from the engine on a second bit of pipe.

Yep, thats the way i have done it before. Im open to options as im new to the CG10's. also what size oil line should i use for my t25?

it's a 1/8 fitting for the feed to the turbo. and the for the return you should have a big pipe on the turbo already about 3/8 usually just attach a hight heat oil hose ot your sump return if you can (depends on how you have tapped your sump, some people have it threaded some have a pipe sticking out at an angle.

Yeah, the return is actually simple. Im trying to figure the feed. Im not having much luck sourcing a sandwhich plate. so i may have tap into an existing block port. also does anyone know how to get cat hairs off the seats?!?

Are you putting the sandwich plate between the block and the head? Think about any additional stress it will cause on the chain.

WTF! No its going between the oil filter and block. That is if i can find one. Oh and a turbo manifold. Saves me from finding pipes, cutting flanges and welding!

No, i dont think he knows what he is talking about. Phil, wake up this is to do with oil lines not head spacer plates!

Talking of which i have found a beautifull oil feed for my project!! I believe its known as a "grub Screw", and is on the left of the head. its a bit rusty on mine, but ill take it out and put a oil pressure gauge in there to check. I need about 40psi.

cimg1721rg0.jpg

This is perfect for a feed..

I used this on my turbo micra.. No messing about..

Kristian you are the man! Thats where im tapping into. did you have any pressure problems as the revs rise?

Right Gents, I have finished gelling and laminating my new micra kit. Ill take some before and after shots soon!!!

Ok, now how the hell do i get my fuel gauge to work? Should i get an aftermarket one. Or should i just TRY to repair the fuel level sender?

cheef

will you be making any other k11 parts (ie boot spoiler) ?

Yes mate, ive got a few choices of spoilers at my disposal, Im gonna Improvise and customise one on. That and my skirts.

After all the aesthetics im concentrating on my manifold and turbocharger.

cheef

i,ll swop you my super s spoiler for a lightweight copy ? :laugh:
then you could join as a buy n sell member and knock a few up

cheef

i,ll swop you my super s spoiler for a lightweight copy ? :laugh:
then you could join as a buy n sell member and knock a few up

Excellent idea. If you let me mould the super s item, everyone can have some.
Why dont you vist me at parkfield road? Blue gates down the bottom.

Back